FedEx and Verizon is a joke

Avalanche

Reaction score
I have read a lot of FedEx bashing and FedEx praise on these forums. It is true that every company will have its issues. I work for FedEx and I can tell you that most of the issues I am seeing are people who may not understand "why" these issues came about. There is only so much I am able to say, but I will say a few things...

If you ship with FedEx...

Please note that we handle MILLIONS of packages everyday!
Take your package to a ship center or a FedEx Office (Formally Kinkos)
Make sure you get a recipt for your transaction! (This way you have proof that you dropped it off)
Follow your package online to see where it is going. (don't freak out when you see it in Memphis or Oakland, these are the main places that packages are sorted)
If you DO NOT want a package left on the doorstep, say you want a signature. (when you get your recipt it will say it, you pay extra for it. If is doesn't say it...you didn't and wont get a signature)

As for the person that said "I only trust USPS" who do you think transports most mail...hint...FedEx

anyhoo if you would like to know that your package is in good hands, it is. If you have questions call FedEx. :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not to mention, I have been in distribution for 6 years, and learned to not trust FedEx or their drivers. They're basically freelance delivery boys that own their own trucks, and don't give a damn about rules or regulations.

LOL...Best laugh all morning.

Dmoralize

Reaction score
The problem I have with FedEx/Verizon is their delivery policy. They are required to attempt delivery at least once before allowing you to pick up your phone. So I called the FedEx warehouse that my package was at, told them that my job was only a block away from them and that if they held the phone I would come pick it up.

They told me that Verizon requires them to attempt delivery even though I was telling them I wouldn't be home. So basically, I had to drive home that night. Get the slip from my door, wait until 7:30, and then drive back to the FedEx warehouse to pick up my package.

IT'S MY PACKAGE! LET ME PICK IT UP WITHOUT WASTING MY TIME AND GAS!

Other than that I've always had good experiences with FedEx.

Avalanche

Reaction score
The problem I have with FedEx/Verizon is their delivery policy. They are required to attempt delivery at least once before allowing you to pick up your phone. So I called the FedEx warehouse that my package was at, told them that my job was only a block away from them and that if they held the phone I would come pick it up.

They told me that Verizon requires them to attempt delivery even though I was telling them I wouldn't be home. So basically, I had to drive home that night. Get the slip from my door, wait until 7:30, and then drive back to the FedEx warehouse to pick up my package.

IT'S MY PACKAGE! LET ME PICK IT UP WITHOUT WASTING MY TIME AND GAS!

Other than that I've always had good experiences with FedEx.

I understand your frustration but it is not "your" package until it is at its destination. Verizon told FedEx that it needs to go to XXX location. If anyone could just call FedEx and change a destination there would be mass chaos.

lvmydroid

Reaction score
We had an issue with the FedEx delivery guy not being able to supposedly "read" our apt. # so it was taken back to the distribution center. I called their 800 # and after a couple of transfers got the distribution center here in town talked with a supervisor who said sometimes there hard to read and wouldn't be re-delivered till monday since it was not a saturday delivery. I very politely but firmly told her that the guy easily could have gone into the office to check the # and since it was their issue and not VZW's fault or ours for not being delivered on time she very quickly set it up to be delivered on saturday, it was here before noon and low and behold the apt. # was very legible. Maybe was just running behind and thought since they deliver thousands of VZ packages he could just skip that one ?? Who knows, was just happy they went above and beyond to fix their error. Thank you fedex.