Verizon mess up = Win?

lerit50

Reaction score
Ok, as many of you may or may not have seen, I had some big trouble with verizon and replacements (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ns/144271-my-story-verizon-good-bad-ugly.html)

Well, at the end of it all, I was sent a droid2 global for free as a replacement.

I got it friday and played with it and stuff, sent the replacements I had all back.

Well today I come home and have two packages at my doorstep. Both from fedex. Same sizes as the boxes before. I was shocked.

Well, I open then up and see that one contained a droid 2 (not global) and the other box had a wall charger, battery and backplate. I look at the bill inside both of them. They both are $0. So I'm sitting there thinking I have to go through this all again, or do I?

So I call verizon, and instead of telling them my story, I ask to see if all my defective droids have been sent in. They say they have received the required ones. I push a little, "so what you're saying is, I don't have to send anything more back to you guys correct?" "yes that is correct."

I'm gonna call back tomorrow just to make sure, but for right now I JUST GOT A FREE DROID2!

So I'm thinking it would be smarter to move to the droid 2 so I have the rom support, and sell the d2g.

Last edited:

jimmydene84

Reaction score
That droid is not really urs, yes VZW made a mistake. U should still do te right thing and send it back

Sent from my Droid

jimmydene84

Reaction score
And BTW this forum is not the place to sell or solicit phones....it is frowned upon and strictly not allowed.....

Sent from my Droid

OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score
Yeah, I decided that too actually. Keeping the global because I finally got stuff running smoothly on that and the keyboard on the droid2 is really indented and I don't like it.

icebluemale30

Reaction score
Verizon will catch that they sent you two phones eventually they have a record of all phones sent out so it will show up on your bill next month(expierence) so best thing is to send it back cause they will see it. besides you can't activate it they will really know then......do the right thing its not worth the trouble.....my opinion ...

OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score
Verizon will catch that they sent you two phones eventually they have a record of all phones sent out so it will show up on your bill next month(expierence) so best thing is to send it back cause they will see it. besides you can't activate it they will really know then......do the right thing its not worth the trouble.....my opinion ...

No worries already packaged back up and everything. Sitting on the counter for me to drop off at fedex on my way out tomorrow morning.

I was really just mind blown at first but once I settled down and thought it out I knew what I had to do.

But I tell ya my experiences with replacements and verizon is just terrible haha.

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're doing the right thing returning the phone tomorrow. VZW would probably not contact you but instead on your next bill see a charge for the full retail price of the phone.

OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score
You're doing the right thing returning the phone tomorrow. VZW would probably not contact you but instead on your next bill see a charge for the full retail price of the phone.

Yeah that's what i'm worried about. Plus i'm a believer in karma :p

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g