FedEx and Verizon is a joke

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your mileage may vary? Just a guess...
Yes, YMMV means your mileage may vary.

As for Saturday delivery, unless there is a special arrangement, VZW and FedEx do not do Saturday deliveries at all.

As for a screw up, I went to McDonalds last week to the drive up and when I got home I realized they didn't put in my fries. Will I go to McDonalds again, of course. We're all human.

jayb

Reaction score
FED EX is the absolute worse way to have a package delivered. They leave stuff at your door and if it is stolen then its your fault.

Fed ex also has a very bad " rep " for anything that might be lost or stolen. Good luck to anyone using a " sub-par " delivery service. The USPS is better than Fed ex.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
FED EX is the absolute worse way to have a package delivered. They leave stuff at your door and if it is stolen then its your fault.

Fed ex also has a very bad " rep " for anything that might be lost or stolen. Good luck to anyone using a " sub-par " delivery service. The USPS is better than Fed ex.
If a package is signature required, they are not allowed to leave a package without a signature. VZW is very strict about this. If it ever happens, you need to contact VZW and FedEx because someone will be in big trouble.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

Both FedEx, USPS and UPS will leave stuff at your door unless the package is marked signature required....

zero7starz

Reaction score
... and for the record verizon has nothing to do with fed ex. just because it is their courier does not mean that its verizon's fault that fed ex messed up. once they ship it, its all on fed ex. kthxbye.

eliassami5

Reaction score

lol..i dunno what you are talking about but they will ONLY leave a signed packaged at your door IF you put a note on the door instructing them to do so. If the packaged does not need a signature then yes they will leave it at your door..this is policy for UPS AND USPS also.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Gotta love the assumers on this post :p

I do know the Verizon RTS team is Flextronics, and I do believe they outsource, but definitely not to Russia. It's probably in the states (SoCal or Arizona) or India.

Signum

Reaction score
what exactly does fedex's screw up have to do with verizon?

tootsookay

Reaction score
i got mine on time and the next day!

someone stole my droid like a few weeks ago, so obviously i called and did a claim right away and verizon as well and called asurion and i got a NEW Droid the next day did the claim on a friday and got my phone on sat FREE shipping and Fedex was fast.. i was just shocked it was new cause she told me i was going to get a used device.. but i called to see if it was new and it was a new one never used directily from moto...

Mojo

Reaction score
Shipping will depend on when the order is processed in the warehouse. If your order is placed late in the day, it may not get shipped until the next day. Sometimes customer service reps over promise on delivery dates and times. You can always call in and get a tracking number to track where your shipment is at. With that being said. For all the orders that Verizon processes everyday I think overall they, and fedex do quite well

psrumors

Reaction score
I had 3 np205 transfer cases come up missing with UPS. These are crated in an actual wood box and weigh about 200lbs. They would make it to the sort facility and then just stop.

Each and every carrier has their issue(s).

Bdog

Reaction score
The shipment issue definitely isn't Verizon's problem, I'll agree with that. I've never had any luck with FedEx however, so I'll stick to that story. But mistakes happen, regardless of which carrier you use (I'll never forget the time an emptied 52ft Saia 18 wheeler backed down my winding street to deliver a 20lb package a week overdue)

techRob

Reaction score
I've had WAAAY more issues with UPS than I ever have with FedEx. UPS does not include the initial ship date with the "3-day delivery" setup. Also, they never stop by my place until after 5pm typically (and I watch a UPS truck drive by around 2-5 times in a given day). FedEx on the other hand; includes the initial ship date with their deliveries, and it's about 98% always before 1pm - I have to be at work by 1pm so this is great.

Anyway, I'll pay the extra for FedEx - because I know when my package will be showing up :)

Asterisk

Reaction score
I've never had problems with FedEx or UPS. I had to order a new phone for my girlfriend cause her phone is messing up a lot. I might not have problems with FedEx cause I live in Memphis but that is just me.