New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

Well on the first phone, I noticed right away when I went to activate it because it was set at max volume as you said. It's unfortunate that Motorola is letting these go like this. They had to have noticed this issue during testing.

Well my replacement does NOT seem to have the same problem so it appears to be more of a random problem...

Keep in mind, those who have Droid X's that are working aren't spending time on forums complaining about them. Forums are always filled with the grief from unsatisfied customers. Not to say they shouldn't complain, its a pain in the butt and unfair. However, I've had two coworkers receive their Droid X's in the last month and neither has had a problem and they work amazingly. I'm still excited for mine. If it comes and has a problem, my thought is Verizon is going to have a problem with me.

Thats to true, kinda like with planes, they don't put in the paper every successful plan ride.

Damn 8/5! Almost everyone I met who ordered on 8/6 already got theirs. Did you order directly from Verizon or from a 3rd party?

Since I've been obsessively reading everyone else's order situation, I figure I would share my situation as I just got my shipping email.

Ordered: Online on 8/12 at 3:30pm, processed same day.
Shipping date at time of order: by 8/30.
Where: Maryland

Shipping Notification: 8/18 at 11:10am.

Hope others get some notice today!

Its amazing how desperate I am to get this phone. I've been on BB for a couple years now and never thought I would leave RIM. But my Tour just pissed me off too much and the X just seems too good to pass up.

And this is a great forum!

Si I've been on BB for a couple years now and never thought I would leave RIM. But my Tour just pissed me off too much and the X just seems too good to pass up.

I'm also a BB user. I liked my older model and then upgraded to the Storm when it came out. Big mistake. I was so pissed at BB for rushing the Storm out to market for the holiday season and not giving a damn about the people who would be using the phone. It was horrible for the first 6 months until they released the newer OS and that made it tolerable, but not great. I vowed I was done with BB and now I'm following through by switching to a Droid.

Senorec2k,

I am glad you are getting your phone..it gives me some little hope. But I am very frustrated to hear that you are getting your phone, as I am in Maryland, ordered mine on 8/09 (by phone), and was told shipment would be 8/25 at the latest. It is frustrating that someone in the same state, who ordered after me, is getting his (or her) phone before me. My Storm is dying (USB won't charge, dropped calls). I call customer service and they give me the same song and dance. I am a very patient person...but there should be some consistency and common sense with these Droid X orders! Sigh :(

I ordered mine on the 13th at the store. They told me it would be here by the 25th. *611 told me the 30th.

Senorec2k,

I am glad you are getting your phone..it gives me some little hope. But I am very frustrated to hear that you are getting your phone, as I am in Maryland, ordered mine on 8/09 (by phone), and was told shipment would be 8/25 at the latest. It is frustrating that someone in the same state, who ordered after me, is getting his (or her) phone before me. My Storm is dying (USB won't charge, dropped calls). I call customer service and they give me the same song and dance. I am a very patient person...but there should be some consistency and common sense with these Droid X orders! Sigh :(
I honestly don't get it either. I have a logical/analytical mindest about things and this just doesn't make any sense. I suppose your ordering it by phone maybe the difference maker, but otherwise can't think of any other explanation. Hope things are resolved for you soon.

Just got off the phone again, same story, will ship by 25th. Explained that I ordered on 9th and that people who ordered on 12th are already getting thier phones or shipping notifications. Rep couldn't explain it, said it shouldn't be possible. After a lenghty discussion, she admitted that it isn't first come first serve, but couldn't (wouldn't) tell me why. My $250 isn't drawing any interest in the meantime.

ch

Hmmm...not first come first serve. That's ridiculous. I wonder how they decide who gets their phones first?

Damn 8/5! Almost everyone I met who ordered on 8/6 already got theirs. Did you order directly from Verizon or from a 3rd party?

I ordered through the phone directly with Verizon. Had it shipped to my work. No shipping notification or anything... getting kinda pissed to be honest. It's been paid for, for almost 2 weeks...:icon_evil:

Back