To Return or Not Return ... which??

TedETGbiz

Reaction score
Just got off phone the VZ tech; solution to random "/\/\" lockups is a hard reset, then return Droid X for a new one. I have until Oct. 18th for a brand new unit - after that a "refurb". Judy was very nice, but as a tech, she wasn't that helpful. So ... on to the folks who actually know some answers...

Should I wait for a 3rd lockup, or just tell them I want a new phone? The first happened right after the v2.2 update; the 2nd last night. Based on reading this thread, I'm not the only one, and there seems to be no general consensus on what the problem is. My DX is not rooted, and I don't have weird apps running, just things like FB, eBay, Gesture, etc. I have noticed index corruption on gmail & FB contacts, but that's another thread.

I need this phone to work; I would rather not root it because of the work needed to support it while in a rooted state. Any thoughts? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

Humpa

Reaction score
Do a factory reset. If it still does it, then return it.

Or, if you'd rather not do a factory reset because you'd then just have to wait for another phone and meanwhile have to set your phone back up and then the new phone, then just lie and tell them you already tried a factory reset.