New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

Ordered 8/7 at the store
Was told will ship by 8/25
No notification or phone yet.
Current customer, upgrade price

Customer service on the phone seriously doesn't seem to know anything. One gave me my order number so I could check status on the website (since I wasn't given an order number in the store)... the order number doesn't even register as valid.

Trying to resist calling any more, it doesn't seem to do any good.

ORDERED: 8-5-10
NOTIFICATION: n/a
RECEIVED: n/a

I also wanted to mention that I called Verizon today and spoke with a CSR. She told me that priority goes to in-store orders first and after that everyone else. So I guess for all of us that ordered online... sucks to be us! :icon_evil:

In store orders get priority? That's funny, because when I went to the Verizon store closest to my work, the oh-so-helpful Verizon CSR told me that I couldn't order one from the store (which I knew was not true) and that I would have to wait to get one until they received their next shipment of Droid Xs.

Don't believe anything the reps tell you because they have no idea. Some people were told that stores get priority, other people that online gets priority. They are just trying to get you off the phone asap because they don't have any actual info.

In store orders get priority? That's funny, because when I went to the Verizon store closest to my work, the oh-so-helpful Verizon CSR told me that I couldn't order one from the store (which I knew was not true) and that I would have to wait to get one until they received their next shipment of Droid Xs.

That's hilarious, wtf. Is it just that there is *NO* training and employees are left to make it up as they go along? The mind wobbles ;)

ORDERED: 8-5-10
NOTIFICATION: n/a
RECEIVED: n/a

I also wanted to mention that I called Verizon today and spoke with a CSR. She told me that priority goes to in-store orders first and after that everyone else. So I guess for all of us that ordered online... sucks to be us! :icon_evil:

I think it has to do more with order date, rather than when you order from. When I called I was told you receive based on when you order, and instore or online, doesn't matter, they all ship from the same warehouse.

No idea, if thats true, or not, seems there's not way to make sense from the way they are being shipped.

I ordered my Droid X via online Aug 9th, and received it yesterday.

ORDERED: 8-8-10
NOTIFICATION: None, The lady at the vzw store did not ask me for my email address so i will recieve no shipping notification. Have called 5 times and got the same "will ship on the 25th and be here by the 26th" response every time. I gave up calling yesterday
RECEIVED: N/A
STATUS: Current customer, phone upgrade. payed 149 for phone

Ordered 8/6/10
Told it would ship by 8/24
Notification: N/A
Received: 8/18/10

Where in SC do you live? I live in Greenville and I'm hoping I get mine soon, I ordered on the 9th, called Customer Service and was told it would ship 12 days from my order date.

I'm in Greenville also and ordered from the Woodruff Rd. store on the 9th. I was told to expect it in 10 days by the store folks. After waiting several days, I called CS to make sure that it would be sent to my work address and to change my email address so that I would get the notification here at work also. That's the point at which I started hearing the line "around the 25th". There is no discernible pattern here whatsoever. Order dates, prices, method of ordering... Nothing seems to add up other than the luck of the draw.

ch

iDr0id I was told that when ours do ship they will come from TEXAS. I asked why Texas and not Memphis TN or WestChester PA (two much closer warehouses) and the lady told me that Texas was the warehouse that services Ohio.

Try and call and see if you can fish anything different out of them!

So my replacement phone is supposed to get here tomorrow, which makes me think it will be refurbished instead of new. Anyone here have any experience with getting a replacement phone?

When I got my replacement yesterday for the buzzing/static in the earpiece, it was a brand new phone, not a refurb or a brown-box phone...

ORDERED: 8-9-10
NOTIFICATION: "Your Droid X will ship by the 25th"

Ordered online August 9th, 6:49 PM.
From Pittsburgh, PA
Current Verizon customer, upgrading. Charged to my bill.
Website showed shipping by August 25.
Have not received phone or notification, yet.

****Tip for those that don't get a tracking number e-mailed****
I have tried this with success on previous orders with different companies. On the FedEx website, you can often track your delivery with the order number. I don't know yet if it works with Verizon. Click on "Track By Reference" and use your Verizon order number as a reference. There is a fair chance this will work once FedEx gets the info from Verizon.

Can anybody with a delivery notice confirm this?

ORDERED: 8-9-10 Ordered online
NOTIFICATION: "Your Droid X will ship by the 25th"
STATUS: CURRENT CUSTOMER, Full retail Price. (Yeah call me crazy)

Have not called CS, not gonna call CS. It just bogs them down from dealing with people that have real issues. Not sure why people call them 1-2 times a day. It will come when it comes.

Back