New Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Phone to be Named the Droid Charge

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsungdroidcharge.jpg

Since earlier this year during CES, we have reported several times on an "unnamed" Samsung 4G LTE phone coming to Verizon. Today we have a name. The Samsung SCH-i510 will officially be called the Droid Charge. No word yet on pricing or availability, but stay tuned for info as it becomes available. This seems like a decent mid-range alternative to the HTC TBolt. It will supposedly have an 8 megapixel camera on back, a Super AMOLED screen, and a 1GHz CPU. It may be a great phone for people who travel and take lots of pictures... what do you guys think?

Source: Engadget

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
**ck throws hands up and walks away**

Droid--->ether--->this thread

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amen, my brutha!! it's looking more and more like Targa, D3, or bust for me...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why are they even bothering with crap devices like this?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
They've sold their soul to the fruit. They no longer care about getting the best Android phones is the only thing I can think of. Everyone else is getting dual cores and 3d and stuff and we're getting stuck with crap. How disappointing!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yea, the Tbolt is a pretty nice phone but just days after it comes out HTC shows us the EVO 3D for another carrier. That thing is mind blowing..

Reaction score
Everyone is mad because its not a dual core? haha sad. If you wait long enough Im sure Jesus will come down and hand you the best handset ever. Thunderbolt is an awesome phone so you guys continue to wait a year plus for some dual core thats worth owning

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Where ya headed? Sprint?! I thought anything with the Droid name would be a flagship type phone. What's with the middle of the road stuff?!

Verizon has basically tossed Android aside. We get the scraps.

If the Targa falls through it's the iPhone 5 (NEVER thought that would come out of my mouth lol) or I move over to Sprint. The situation is that dire.

I refuse to purchase the low end crapola they are giving us. Wont do it. Sad day in Android land for me.

I feel like i have been holding onto the ledge with one hand and my fingers have been slowly slipping off one by one. I'm now hanging by 2 fingers.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

Where ya headed? Sprint?! I thought anything with the Droid name would be a flagship type phone. What's with the middle of the road stuff?!

Verizon has basically tossed Android aside. We get the scraps.

If the Targa falls through it's the iPhone 5 (NEVER thought that would come out of my mouth lol) or I move over to Sprint. The situation is that dire.

I refuse to purchase the low end crapola they are giving us. Wont do it. Sad day in Android land for me.

I feel like i have been holding onto the ledge with one hand and my fingers have been slowly slipping off one by one. I'm now hanging by 2 fingers.

As I just posted a bit ago in another news thread, I agree. Verizon has gone back to their old ways...just goes to show how Apple is controlling the market with their very presence. Before they got Apple's blessing it was all about android. Now...it's the bastard red headed stepchild.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You got it Hugh ....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yet another let down from VZW... yet I will not buy an iPhone...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is this the Samsung Stealth that was being rumored, or is that something different??

so disappointing... 2011 had/has a ton of promise of being a huge year with all the new tech - dual cores, quad cores following shortly behind, NFC, video and gaming, etc. being the largest national carrier, VZW had/has a huge opportunity to solidify itself with the millions and millions and millions of us who really like Andy. but, all VZW seems to care about is the fruit - again, disappointing.

i may be left with little choice but to go to at&t... *i threw up in my mouth a little bit just saying that*

Reaction score
Att and get what ???????? Only thing Id try to leave for is the Evo 3D ... That looks awesome. Id way rather have a Thunderbolt over a Atrix, I have a TB and my friend has a Atrix, he even agrees my phone is better