Hands-on Video Follow-up for the Samsung 'Unnamed' 4G LTE

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;-OEdouIxcUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OEdouIxcUk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Here's another hands-on video of some CES Verizon phone action, with the Samsung 'Unnamed' 4G LTE smartphone. This one's a good bit longer than our previous two videos. Several features are described, including its new Super AMOLED Plus screen. The difference between the 'regular' and the 'Plus' is apparently fifty percent more sub-pixels, resulting in a better display in bright light and crisper edges. We also get to see a bit of the Skype Video calling demo we previously reported. This looks pretty slick and seems to 'herald' the dawn of a new way for people to communicate. I predict within 2-3 years tops, every phone will have a front facing camera and two-way video calling features. The future seems to be as bright as this new Super AMOLED Plus screen. :icon_ lala:
What are your impressions of this phone? Hit or Miss?

Source: Phandroid
by dgstorm

tecwizrd

Reaction score
Wow. Go Samsung or go home is all I can say. Check out the Motorola Droid Bionic in the list at the bottom. What a piece of crap. The Samsung had no problem running the Skype video on what most likely is a single core phone. Motorola's UI or coding skills kill this high end phone. After this Droid 2 Global (a very good phone once you wipe it and load Fission), I am done with Motorola. The Ideos x5 looked to be better than the Bionic.

cizzlen

Reaction score
I used to say I won't buy another Samsung phone because I went through 4 Glydes in 8 months. Wow, all I can say is my next phone will be a Samsung or an HTC without a doubt. Motorola with it's locked bootloader and hundreds of bugs can kiss my rear end goodbye.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the same "unnamed" device, but sounds like a different LTE handset from Samsung to be unveiled in Barcelona next month. So for everyone a little "underwhelmed" there may be one more arrow yet to be let loose.

Samsung Bringing Dual Core Phones and Tablets at MWC 2011 | Android Phone Fans
"You had to guess Samsung wasn’t going to go too far into 2011 without a dual core announcement of their own: they’ve confirmed that they will be showing those particular wares off at Mobile World Congress going down in Barcelona, Spain February 14th-17th"