Samsung Stratosphere Video Demo

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;Qb14oUXnCO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qb14oUXnCO0[/video]

The latest Samsung device to come our way is the Stratosphere and we already have a video demo to get a preview. The mid-range Android device is set to launch on Verizon's LTE network this Thursday for $149.99 after a mail-in rebate. The device features a 4-inch Super AMOLED screen, 5-Row QWERTY keyboard, 5MP camera on the rear, and 1.3MP in the front.

Via: Phandroid

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh Wen, you're surely not suggesting the Stratosphere as an *alternative* to the Droid3? After all the heat you took from the Droid 3 review, I thought you would have seen how the Droid community can be very protective of their little family!

I hope this doesn't force you to go into witness protection. ;)

-Matt

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Oh Wen, you're surely not suggesting the Stratosphere as an *alternative* to the Droid3? After all the heat you took from the Droid 3 review, I thought you would have seen how the Droid community can be very protective of their little family!

I hope this doesn't force you to go into witness protection. ;)

-Matt
I got heat for that? this is news to me. I don't read comments after the first page, but I guess.
I would be protective of my purchase too... that's just human nature. I was just speaking the truth. Even the Verizon PR person felt the same as me, and he works exclusively with Verizon and is suppose to like these devices.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm not sure how heavily I would weigh the opinion of a Verizon PR person. Keep in mind that some owners don't switch phones multiple times per year -- I think there are many OG Droid owners on the forum who've had the phone the full 2 years, and recently updated to a D2 or D3. If you keep a phone for the full contract length, you not only become attached, but your preferences and tastes are shaped by that phone too. In my case, moving from the D1 to the D3 was a very comfortable step, and the D3 was the best option among many alternatives for me.

The next time you handle a D3 -- instead of asking if it's one of the quickest or sexiest phones on the market -- try to imagine yourself as a long-term Droid owner, and imagine how it feels to hold the latest phone in a 3-generation+ franchise. You may see a different phone and have a different second impression!

-Matt

ExodusC

Reaction score
Since this phone seems to be essentially a Sprint Epic 4G on Verizon (using LTE rather than WiMax obviously, and other small differences), I can say my friend's Epic 4G is pretty nice (it's running Gingerbread).

I'm a little jealous of it compared to my Droid 2 Global. I would probably still get a Droid 3 rather than this phone... Maybe. Both have a keyboard, but it's between 4G/AMOLED and dual-core/slighty-higher-res-PenTile.

I don't know... Hmm.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
I just may return my newly bought X2 for this. Keyboard and 4G makes this a win to me, even if it's still a single core processor.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
On second thought, maybe Wen is right. I wouldn't call it a Droid 3 "alternative" (to avoid the wrath of other Droid owners) but I was hoping to see a Verizon 4G phone with a decent keyboard. If only it had a little more internal memory, world-phone capability, and didn't look like it was 100% plastic, it might compete pretty well. But that nice starting price should definitely help it out!

I wonder what battery life will be like with 4G running?

-Matt