Samsung Stratosphere QWERTY 4G LTE; Official Launch Oct.13 on VZW for $150

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Stratosphere-full.jpg

The new Samsung Stratosphere 4G LTE QWERTY Slider phone was officially announced today, and looks to be a great phone aimed at the business user. We mentioned it earlier over the weekend, but this is the official release. The phone will be available on October 13 at Verizon Stores for $150 bucks after a $50 dollar rebate, when you sign a new two-year contract. Here's a breakdown of its specs followed by a link to the official press release:
  • 4-inch Super AMOLED display
  • 1GHz Cortex A8 processor
  • 1.3MP Front Facing Camera
  • 5MP Rear Camera
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 4GB of internal storage
  • Android 2.3 Gingerbread
  • Sliding QWERTY Keyboard
  • 4G LTE
Below is the official press release, but it is also the link to our section in the forums dedicated to the Samsung Stratosphere!

Source: VZW Official Press Release for Samsung Stratosphere

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so is this pretty much the charge with a keyboard?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello. Slow choppy phone. I had a phone with 1ghz Hummingbird processor and 512mb of ram. It was called the Fascinate and it was released a year ago and took 9 months to get Froyo. The Epic 4g and Charge have all pretty much the same internals. They are re-hashes of Galaxy S1 phones but with 4g. I can tell you that having the Fascinate made me hate Android and I wanted to switch to Apple. Luckily I went with the Inc2 and realized that Android can be awesome if you get the right device.