[Follow-Up] Hands-On Video with Samsung's New TecTiles NFC Tags

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Zyi-dDgiCZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyi-dDgiCZ0&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

Here is a cool follow-up article to our previous one about the new Samsung TecTiles NFC Tags. Phandroid did a video showing off the ease-of-use and some of the capabilities of this cool new smart-tech. I gotta get me some of these!

Source: Phandroid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wonder how many settings can be set with one NFC tag. I like the idea of being able to scan one when I go to bed to silence my phone. To me though the price is way too high.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonder how many settings can be set with one NFC tag. I like the idea of being able to scan one when I go to bed to silence my phone. To me though the price is way too high.

You think that $15 bucks for 5 tags & a free app is too high? What would be an affordable option to you? :)

acousticshade

Reaction score
Seriously, these will probably drop in price significantly in about a year when most people have NFC capable smartphones and they start selling like hot cakes. For business use, these are a no-brainer. I WANT these on my business cards. Heck, combined with a modified version of Siri I can see these replacing an office receptionist! Just go up to the front desk and swipe your phone across it to call up a special web page. "Who do you want to see today, Mr. Bond?" "Ahh, Mr. Anderson is not currently in, would you like to leave him a message?"

So many cool possibilities.