Comparison Video of New LG NOVA vs. Samsung Super AMOLED

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;tv81oh-ZQ-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv81oh-ZQ-I&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Here's an intriguing video comparing LG's new NOVA technology for smartphone screens to Samsung's Super AMOLED tech. Supposedly, the NOVA screen is much brighter and more efficient on battery life. In fact, they claim that the white colors on the NOVA screen use half as much energy as whites on the Super AMOLED, and that overall the NOVA is 50% more efficient than an iPhone screen. But, we don't have to take their word for it, at least in the better brightness comparison, because the video above gives us a pretty good look. Sound off in the forums which screen you think looks 'better'.

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited:

DaHarder

Reaction score
No Contest... The Samsung looks better, with blacks very noticeably deeper, and superior viewing angles.

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
Sanding won, hands down, as said earlier. Unless the battery life is insanely better (like hours) it's not worth it to me. Better colors, actual black, better angles, SAMOLED wins

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
+1 for the Samsung.

Doesn't matter as neither of these screen will be on my next phone. Unless Moto starts buying one.

deputc26

Reaction score
Samsung def looks better, but I'd prefer the bat life...

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
How much battery life will it add? It's not nearly as nice a screen, but if it added 50% or more, it would be worth it.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Iirc the NOVA boasted less than half the power consumption of current mobile screens out today

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

cdipier2

Reaction score
Samsungs AMOLED definitely. The LG gets glare from the side which I don't like

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It might be the video, but to me BOTH screens look oversaturated and overly bright as far as colors go. It seems like no one is very interested in achieving accurate color representation. Show me a screen that doesn't look like a plasma TV in "showroom" mode and I will be impressed. Until then, I prefer traditional LCD technology.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I feel the same way. Its one reason I prefer LCD over Amoled. Amoled still has those nice viewing angles tho looking at this clip. Thats gonna always be on of their pros, those viewing angles.

bilallucky

Reaction score
Unless the battery life is insanely better (like hours) it's not worth it to me. Better colors, actual black, better angles,samoled wins.

patfactorx

Reaction score
Boo plastic phones

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App