New Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Phone to be Named the Droid Charge

Droid101

Reaction score
Hopefully they release the bionic mid-April early may as rumor suggest. Bionic all and all isn't a bad phone at all.:)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
What's all the fuss over this multiple core mumbo jumbo? "Dual" this, and "Quad" that. Just like desktop computers years ago. And where did that get us?

I'm using Windows 98 on a Pentium III with 512MBs of RAM. Why do people want more than that? I can run just about any progra

=================
An unexpected error has occurred

Event Type: Error
Event Source: UNKNOWN
Event Category: None
Bug Check String : INITIATED_CRASH
Bug Check Code : 0x000000e2
Parameter 1 : 0x00000000
Parameter 2 : 0x00000000
Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : UNKNOWN
Caused By Address : i8042prt.sys+27fb
0x0000008e (0xc0000047, 0x8051d9bd, 0xf319d95c, 0x00000000)

Carrier Lost
=================

:rofl2: Oh do I remember those days! GRRRRRR! Windows 7 FINALLY got it pretty much right!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahaha Dusty!! LOL!!!

holy cow that was awesome.

Would make for a great sig lol

Droid--->ether--->this thread

nothing meaningful to add (not unusual, of course), but i just had to join in this sentiment - freakin' hysterical!!!

creaky

Reaction score
If the Targa falls through it's the iPhone 5 (NEVER thought that would come out of my mouth lol) or I move over to Sprint. The situation is that dire.

I refuse to purchase the low end crapola they are giving us. Wont do it. Sad day in Android land for me.

If the Targa falls through you'd go with iP5 over the Bionic? The Bionic has been in my crosshairs for a while so I'm wondering what's making you pass on it....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
there are others coming guys...........

Not all will be great but a few others for us to use this year.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
there are others coming guys...........

Not all will be great but a few others for us to use this year.

The question is how many of these phones coming will be great and how many of them will be a lot worse than phones on the other carriers.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If the Targa falls through you'd go with iP5 over the Bionic? The Bionic has been in my crosshairs for a while so I'm wondering what's making you pass on it....
It's a tough call Creaky. The Bionic will be a GREAT handset. Best one on Verizon for sure but I'm trying to get over Blur. I'm not a fan of Blur or Sense for that matter so I have to really think if I will be able to handle it for 2 years.

Make no mistake about it though, the Bionic is going to be great I just want to wait on the Targa to see if some things pan out. Unfortunately I don't think I will get any confirmation on specs until after the Bionic release.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It's a tough call Creaky. The Bionic will be a GREAT handset. Best one on Verizon for sure but I'm trying to get over Blur. I'm not a fan of Blur or Sense for that matter so I have to really think if I will be able to handle it for 2 years.

Make no mistake about it though, the Bionic is going to be great I just want to wait on the Targa to see if some things pan out. Unfortunately I don't think I will get any confirmation on specs until after the Bionic release.

I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that the newest versions of blur are actually pretty good. The person compared it to sense. If this pans out to be true then I could definitely live with Blur.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Personally I am on that edge too.
I refuse to buy samsung until they prove they will ever update their phones.

I refuse to buy a moto if they are locked the way they are, if they do make them unlockable as they hinted at that would change my mind.

HTC has a great dev community but VZW gets its hand-me downs and that is discouraging.

LG well we haven't even gotten a good one yet so who knows.

So for me I have 3 phones to move, 1st contract is up, 2nd is up in 3 months and the last next feb. If nothing comes out by mid summer that knocks my socks off I may finally say goodbye and goto sprint. For me it isn't a big difference as in my area they both use the same towers and get the exact same coverage so, for home anyway, the swap will not be an issue. So here's hoping I don't have to say goodbye VZW just cus they got the damn iphone and now want to be steve jobs's new baby momma...

kyler13

Reaction score
Those of you leaning towards the Bionic, I wonder how long it will take for the pentile matrix display to annoy you. If you're coming from a standard WVGA display, it'll pretty much negate the qHD upgrade. It's enough to knock this phone off my list of potential replacements for my Incredible.

creaky

Reaction score
I guess I'll have to play with the screen and see if it annoys me too much, don't think it will be a big issue, though.

And CK, I hear you about Blur. I could have probably wrangled an early upgrade when the X came out, even went to the VZW store to play with it. I figure I can install Launcher Pro if the new Blur doesn't do it for me.

Whatever the case, this is going to be a 1-yr contract. Things are changing so rapidly that I can't imagine what will be out in 2 years.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ill never buy another Samsung after having this fascinate,only thing good about it is the camera . I was going to get the TB but not all that impressive anymore.. I think ill root my fascinate and wait on the iPhone 5...

can + string on 2.1

Saw your post a while back. The fascinate becomes one of the best phones verizon has once it rooted IMO. I don't know much about it stock since it I rooted it on day 2, but even stock the stock 2.1 fascinate blows blur based phones out of the water for me.

Sent from my fascinate

kyler13

Reaction score
BTW, they're already wrapping up the best of CTIA 2011. Was Verizon even there? I've been following the scene for the past year and a half, and seemingly Verizon is now a paltry 1 for 6 at the 3 big shows over the past two years. If it wasn't for the vaguely detailed LTE line-up shown off at CES, I'd guess they have pretty much no interest in showing anything off or keeping their customer base excited (or at least informed). I'm starting to despise Sprint/AT&T/T-Mobile for their crappy coverage because it's the biggest thing blocking me from actually having access to current hardware in a timely launch schedule.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Verizon gave us the Thunderbolt why would they even need to show up at CTIA. We have the "first" 4G phone on their network. You act like specs are important when we have 4G.

Not to mention we have the iPhone.