Two New LTE Device In Verizon Detabase (HTC & Samsung)

brianr0131

Reaction score
Engadget had the I520 a week or so ago on their site. It was only one pic but you could easily tell it's not the Nexus. This will be similar to nexus in specs but it will likely have touchwiz and gingerbread will prob come to it in August LOL

bigkoch125

Reaction score
this just just my personal opinion, but i dont think its the Nexus S at all. look up a picture for the SCH-i520 then look up a picture of the Nexus S. compare the earpiece, and the placement of the front facing camera on both....they're extremely different.

kind of excited to see what comes out of this CES this coming week.

I agree I dont think it is the nexus s either i think just another samsung phone guess we will find out when it is announced

bigkoch125

Reaction score
this just just my personal opinion, but i dont think its the Nexus S at all. look up a picture for the SCH-i520 then look up a picture of the Nexus S. compare the earpiece, and the placement of the front facing camera on both....they're extremely different.

CES is going to be fun for a lot of people.

Any other info on upcoming devices that will be announced at CES? And hopefully this time HTC can have enough stock of the thunderbolt unlike the incredible and EVO

wierdo124

Reaction score
If it really is an LTE Nexus S, that'd be sweet and i'd definitely consider it. But if it's more Samsung crap, i'll pass. I want updates in a somewhat respectable manner. Thunderbolt looks sweet.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

CES is going to be fun for a lot of people.

Any other info on upcoming devices that will be announced at CES? And hopefully this time HTC can have enough stock of the thunderbolt unlike the incredible and EVO

Here is to hoping for enough stock from Htc. Not too much more info right now it's been quiet leading up to ces

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've always had either LG or Moto for my phones (not that I've had a great deal of them), so I don't know much about HTC or Samsung. I do like the looks of the HTC, though.

dominick_7

Reaction score
Thunderbolt, but I'm still waiting on the exact specs and to see exactly what they have ready for us at CES. Kinda excited as well. LOVE my Droid X, but if the Thunderbolt has 4G AND HDMI.. I think I may go that route. We'll see, they may have some surprises as well right?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I've always had either LG or Moto for my phones (not that I've had a great deal of them), so I don't know much about HTC or Samsung. I do like the looks of the HTC, though.

Don't forget, Motorola delivered the Droid X with a locked & encrypted Boot Loader (that much, I can forgive), but they also *booby-trapped* it with an eFuse that almost ruined my Droid X. I had a friend, who is a real life cellphone tech/electrical engineer repair it, and it took him six hours to undo their act of terrorism. The eFuse serves no function other than malicious nastiness, and is truly a criminal act, IMO.

Think about things like that, the next time you consider a Motorola product.

-Mike

cpjr

Reaction score

Don't forget, Motorola delivered the Droid X with a locked & encrypted Boot Loader (that much, I can forgive), but they also *booby-trapped* it with an eFuse that almost ruined my Droid X. I had a friend, who is a real life cellphone tech/electrical engineer repair it, and it took him six hours to undo their act of terrorism. The eFuse serves no function other than malicious nastiness, and is truly a criminal act, IMO.

Think about things like that, the next time you consider a Motorola product.

-Mike

How in the world did that chip do anything to your phone, ive ran ever custom ROM, overclocked, etc, etc without a single problem on mine. Sure it wasn't a little bit of user error ;)