New to LG after being a Note owner

Anomander

Reaction score
Made the transition to the V20 after the Note 7 problem (Loved that phone!). Really enjoying the features of the V20 as well though. I thought I was going to miss the Blinking color LED lights, but truth be told I am in love with the the dual screen and am learning to use more than I thought. Hardware wise I think LG is delivering the goods from what I have used so far (Double Kudos for the Micro SD slot and removable battery) The Audio Dac is icing on the cake for me. The Camera lenses have been fun to use and take pretty good quality pictures as well.

One area I think Samsung seems to have though is stock apps. I think LG needs to polish this up. With that in mind Samnsung's clock app was very handy with the world clock since it had the time zones and cities on the globe. I thought this was stock android, but the LG clock APP you had to add each city. Does anyone know of an APP that has something similar to what Samsung has?

Looking forward to using this phone more and pairing it with Daydream when that comes in (stealing it from my wife since she got the Pixel XL)

ngt

Reaction score
Finally got mine as well. I like it a lot. The second screen is cool. I'm still figuring out how to customize it. Still downloading old apps. So far i love it!

ngt

Reaction score
Do you know how how to get different quick tools on the second screen? I only have 6 choices.

Also, the sound via hi fi quad DAC is really nice!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Thanks for the input guys! This was the device my wife was originally considering had she been forced to get rid of her Note 7. As it were, she decided to download some files to prevent any future updates from being forced on it, thus crippling it with the 60% battery mod, and/or any future shut downs. She is still thoroughly satisfied with her choice and her Note 7. I only wish I would have picked one up for myself when I still had the chance.....it's an incredible device! :)

S5 tap'n

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Got mine tonight as well.

Sent from my LG V20

OP
Anomander

Anomander

Reaction score
Do you know how how to get different quick tools on the second screen? I only have 6 choices.

Also, the sound via hi fi quad DAC is really nice!
They only thing I can find is under the settings and quick tools is the Second Screen options and you can change options there. I think you can only have the 5 quick tools, but can toggle which ones you want from there. for when the screen is on or off.

ngt

Reaction score
They only thing I can find is under the settings and quick tools is the Second Screen options and you can change options there. I think you can only have the 5 quick tools, but can toggle which ones you want from there. for when the screen is on or off.

Yeah, i found that. I'm ok with only 5 on the screen, but I'd just like to be able to add more quick tools to pick from when making my selection of 5.

I'd like to have location up there instead of blue tooth, but am not sure how to get more options here.