Galaxy Note 7 reportedly still being used more than LG V20, HTC Bolt and OnePlus 3T!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
maxresdefault.jpg

The Note 7 may have been recalled, but the smartphone still has plenty of users out there. Mobile research firm Apteligent's report, claims that global use of Samsung’s phone is still higher than many high profile phones that have been recently launched.

The report claims Note 7 usage has exceeded those of the LG V20, the HTC Bolt and the OnePlus 3T. However, other phones launched during that time, including the Google Pixel and Pixel XL, and the Sony Xperia XZ, are currently exceeding Note 7 use, according to the report. Although I returned Note 7, I would of been willing to hold on to it longer if my Pixel XL did not arrived.

The Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, are still doing very well. In all honesty, some of the phones on this list have had limited availability, such as the LG V20, which has yet to be released to Europe.

With the next update coming to brick the Note 7 on January 5 and 8th. There are Note 7 owners that have blocks on there phone to block all updates. (Verizon Rep said) The end of the stance will come when the providers turnoff the phones this will come without an update. They will send a text first then giving you a last chance to return your phone by a certain date. After that date your phone will be shut off! If this is true it will definitely be the end.

Source

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Wonder if you will be able to activate it on StraightTalk or TotalWireless

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I guess they will Blacklist the IEMI so you cant Use them

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

With the next update coming to brick the Note 7 on January 5 and 8th. There are Note 7 owners that have blocks on there phone to block all updates. (Verizon Rep said) The end of the stance will come when the providers turnoff the phones this will come without an update. They will send a text first then giving you a last chance to return your phone by a certain date. After that date your phone will be shut off! If this is true it will definitely be the end.

Source

I see, lol! Recalls have no expiration yet another type of expiration can be imposed! FCC here I come, that's all I gotta say!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The real question is can a Suit be filed to leave them alone and anyone at this point it at own risk and can not go after Samsung? Why lot file a petition to sign a legal Liability Waiver? not sure if that would help. it does stink losing your right to choose to keep something you purchased

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
The real question is can a Suit be filed to leave them alone and anyone at this point it at own risk and can not go after Samsung? Why lot file a petition to sign a legal Liability Waiver? not sure if that would help. it does stink losing your right to choose to keep something you purchased
The real question is . Do you have the resources and the money to fight them? Is it worth it when a new Note 8 will come next August or by the the end of next year?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
What bugs me is losing our upgrade to purchase the Note 8 when it comes out. Unless we return the Note 7 and buy a device out of pocket until the 8 is released, our upgrade is wasted on a lesser device.

S7 Edge tap'n

Reaction score
what do you think fcc will do for you?
The same thing thing they've already done for other Note 7 users! That's what! You guys think you know so much! I'm not going to bother telling you as it's business of those on the Note 7 Rebels Facebook page! You have no need to know!
Absolutely Nothing!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What bugs me is losing our upgrade to purchase the Note 8 when it comes out. Unless we return the Note 7 and buy a device out of pocket until the 8 is released, our upgrade is wasted on a lesser device.

S7 Edge tap'n
No it doesn't! If you still have your Note I suggest you file with the FCC to air your complaint! Your carrier will have to answer! If you don't advocate for yourself then you'll just have to accept any raw deal your carrier and Samsung give you!

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
The same thing thing they've already done for other Note 7 users! That's what! You guys think you know so much! I'm not going to bother telling you as it's business of those on the Note 7 Rebels Facebook page! You have no need to know!

Do me a favor research for yourself. I am on the rebels page. Look up the FCC laws and look up a FCC lawyer on line to ask a question for free and get your own results. That is what I did. A lot of info. the page give is good. Then again on the other hand some of it is false. I know that the FCC will do nothing because of research not what some one told me. I think after you look and find your own answers you will change your mind.... good luck!!! The Note 7 is still the Best Phone of the year in my book! As I said I will get a Note 8!

Reactions: cr6
Reaction score
Do me a favor research for yourself. I am on the rebels page. Look up the FCC laws and look up a FCC lawyer on line to ask a question for free and get your own results. That is what I did. A lot of info. the page give is good. Then again on the other hand some of it is false. I know that the FCC will do nothing because of research not what some one told me. I think after you look and find your own answers you will change your mind.... good luck!!! The Note 7 is still the Best Phone of the year in my book! As I said I will get a Note 8!
I have every confidence that should TMobile block my phone from its network at the behest of Samsung, that I, as a customer in good standing, will have good cause to file a complaint! My phone is paid for! I don't have to deal with as much nonsense as those who are in yearly plans or who use upgrades! I've a clever strategy up my sleeve just waiting for Samsung or Magenta to get 'cheeky'!

I also have no reason to believe those who reported good results from the complaints they filed are lying! There would be no point unless they were actually trying to urge others to give up their phones.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You can file all the complaints you want. Getting a positive result from it is a whole other story. I would suggest looking into it NOW as Preach suggested, BEFORE your carrier blocks your device, and not blindly listening to someone on the internet. We're big fans of Note7 Rebels as well, but there is also a lot of false information being spouted there as well. Do your own research instead of blindly listening to everything you read, it'll save you a lot of headache/heartache in the end. Good luck & let us know how you make out. :)

S7 Edge tap'n