New Official (worthless) Motorola announcement

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was sitting here thinking "why DID everyone think an update was coming if they didn't say it was"? Then it came to me. Moto, Verizon, whomever. They HAD to hear that folks were under the assumption that an upgrade/update was coming Jan.22. Why didn't they put the rumor to bed in Dec. or early Jan.? Even with the Feb. thing, why didn't they say waaaaaay ahead of time that it wasn't ready? Not flaming either company. Just kind of thinking out loud.

Which rumor do you put to bed and at what point does a little rumor become a big rumor worth putting to bed? Rumors, leaked memos, etc...none are official unless they are posted at official places. That could be aq full time job for someone running around finding rumors to squash.

Even this latest schedule they released has a disclaimer at the bottom basically saying they owe us nothing. Reminds me of a standard cruise ship contract that says the cruiseline isn't responsible for changes of ports (reasonable), the weather (understandable), or the ship sinking (what?!?)...but every passenger signs it if they want to cruise.

What is nice about the OP's link is at least we have some place to look in the future to see if another upgrade/update is possibly (not promised) coming 3rd qtr or end of year.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the attitude some of you have, you would think Moto took one giant dump in your collective cherrios.

You guys need to lighten up a bit.

POTD. lol. I don't know if this is really a thread full of serious posting, there is a lot of fun posting as well.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the delay is because the Verizon testers gave feedback that they were very unhappy about 3 screens and that the device wouldnt be competitive unless they made it 5...

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
posted not to be confused with postal

It funny with all these 2.1 threads but they keep getting closed before i decide to write this so i figure since i started this thread i would.
I posted this info because i saw it and it wasnt on here yet.
in replies to the many people who seem to rather argue than leave the thread alone if they dont care.
1)they dont owe us anything , we bought it with 2.0 and they owe us nothing more.
a) They announced 2.1 would come to the droid so some people bought the droid with this commitment in mind so they do expect more because they bought the phone with that announcement in mind.
b) I bought the droid with the link on the main page of the phone as soon as you opened broswer it went to flash coming soon so it was an item that they advertised by having your phone go to the announcement so I would be unhappy if flash didnt come to droid but its definaltley not a deal breaker. and it did say q1 which is now changed to not available for your phone(hopefully because it is looking for 2.1 not just android)

2)Nothing is official unless it comes from an official site. I believe "roll out this week " came from an official source apparently wrong but i can see how people expected this since it came from an official (motorola) source
a) not a big deal as many have stated its not a huge update but it is/will be required for flash from what i read so as long as flash isnt ready yet than im not in a big hury to get it but if my job said raises by friday and then no raises came and it changed to coming soon i would be a mild perturbed.
b)hopefully some of the responses are correct such as oh shoot look at those blogs we better add 5 screens before we release it, and such.

Motorola is trying to shed some light on release- its funny i have seen several responses regarding it says over the air update but it doesnt mention 2.1 so does this mean its not 2.1 , i myself never even thought of that i just imagined it was 2.1 and expect it to be if it wasnt i would be very surprised and say what the hell, these forums are nothing compared to what would happen if it wasnt 2.1 so i really dont think that would happen

Flagship....evrything new is flagship until its released and sold in bulk than its old news. I knew there would be better phones (ie snapdragon) coming out but if you wait 3 months for this than its another 3 months for that. So I am happy with what i got better than my 2 year old non touchscreen 1.5 inch screen windows mobile. I havent seen a droid commecial in over a week prior to that i saw it atleast 5 times a day.

so there is my little rant in a nutshell its called excitment and letdown it happens everyday some people deal with it in different ways , if it helps someone to post there disappointement on here than cool but there is no need to tell them how lousy they are and should not expect anything, because for the reasons stated above there are some expectations to be had from what we have been told by official sources.

Breaking news-- to end this i would let you all in on insider info i have. I have been told by my brothers friends cousin's sister that the 2.1 update will for sure possitively not come out last week.

ok back to forged alliance let blow something up.

armeddroid

Reaction score
not sure if anyone else has posted this link, but I haven't seen it and I look pretty frequently:

Motorola promises CLIQ upgrade this week; DROID 2.1 upgrade for end of month with Flash? | Android Arena

It seems to elude that they held back the 2.1 upgrade to combine it with flash at the end of this month..

no on knew for sure was the reason for the delay. But flash was a guess but no solid.
Seems like this info is the reason why which makes it even better reason why people should be patient for the update.
If the primary reason was because of integrating Flash then..no complaints here, whatsoever.
Thanks for the info.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Wow, I'd have a much harder time waiting for 2.1 to be rooted if it had flash too. :icon_eek:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read today that Flash will be here in July. Yes JULY. Please stop mentioning it. This comes from Adobe.

choklitcow

Reaction score
A contract worker who does work for Big Red asked a Verizon manager what happened to the update. He was informed that Verizon now plans on rolling out Android 2.1 at the end of this month with Flash included!

/cry. That link got me all excited until I read this. Now had his uncle's cousin twice removed said this, I would have been hooked.