New Official (worthless) Motorola announcement

joeymoose

Reaction score
Here come Android 2.0.2 for the Droid!!! That would be so wrong if they did something like that...

Nick177th

Reaction score
Did you read the article? The Droid is specifically mentioned. It's the first phone they talk about. "Soon." Whatever that means.:)

Did you read the article? Show me where it says 2.1 for the Droid. It just says update.

Ka-thump!!

Everything prior to this has been all 2.1. To even imply it will be something other then 2.1 is rather ridiculous. That's my opinion, YMMV and probably will.

What does YMMV mean Hook?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you read the article? The Droid is specifically mentioned. It's the first phone they talk about. "Soon." Whatever that means.:)

Did you read the article? Show me where it says 2.1 for the Droid. It just says update.

Ka-thump!!

Everything prior to this has been all 2.1. To even imply it will be something other then 2.1 is rather ridiculous. That's my opinion, YMMV and probably will.
Agreed...it will be 2.1.???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here come Android 2.0.2 for the Droid!!! That would be so wrong if they did something like that...

joeymoose, if that happens I'll go get a Blackberry! That's how sure I am it will be 2.1. And you know how I feel about Blackberry.:icon_ devil:

Nick177th

Reaction score
This thread will not end well. Close it now. I beg of you..........Close it NOW! LOL!

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

joeymoose

Reaction score
This thread is Fine! I just find it weird that everything has been 2.1 the last few months and now those magic numbers are not under the droid update on MOTO's page. I don't think they will screw us. Maybe the person who wrote it up doesn't pay enough attention to detail like some of us do. Hook, I laugh when I see people with Blackberries, then I show them a real Smartphone and they just stand there with their mouths wide. My buddy said "Look, my screen clicks" ROFL!!!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

joeymoose, if that happens I'll go get a Blackberry! That's how sure I am it will be 2.1. And you know how I feel about Blackberry.:icon_ devil:
And I'll consider exchanging mine for a Pearl

Nick177th

Reaction score
This thread is Fine! I just find it weird that everything has been 2.1 the last few months and now those magic numbers are not under the droid update on MOTO's page. I don't think they will screw us. Maybe the person who wrote it up doesn't pay enough attention to detail like some of us do. Hook, I laugh when I see people with Blackberries, then I show them a real Smartphone and they just stand there with their mouths wide. My buddy said "Look, my screen clicks" ROFL!!!

I'm just kidding Joey. But, you know as well as I, someone is gonna read into that use of or lack of use of words and lose it in here.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just kidding Joey. But, you know ad well as I, someone is gonna read into that use of or lack of use of words and lose it in here.

Hey. If you read the message backwards, it reads NO UPDATE FOR DROID EVER.:icon_ devil:

That was a joke people. A bad one true but a joke. Don't want to start rumors.:)

joeymoose

Reaction score
I know you were kidding Nick. Maybe they will update the announcement "soon" so it say 2.1 for the Droid. But then they will say they jumped the gun and change it, and issue another statement contradicting the first, or is it the second? I'm lost....

Nick177th

Reaction score
I'm just kidding Joey. But, you know ad well as I, someone is gonna read into that use of or lack of use of words and lose it in here.

Hey. If you read the message backwards, it reads NO UPDATE FOR DROID EVER.:icon_ devil:

That was a joke people. A bad one true but a joke. Don't want to start rumors.:)

I know, be careful what you say Hook. Can't wait to see what this thread looks like in a couple of hours. I'm glad I wasn't the first one to say it but, I caught that "Droid software upgrade" line too. I have to agree with Joey. That was kinda wierd.

Last edited:

Nick177th

Reaction score

I don't know Hook. I think my "I'm not saying ANYthing............because they didn't either" joke was better. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

bpad10

Reaction score
I am glad Motorola has somewhat reached out to its audience. That was my biggest gripe and even though nothing was really stated, it does show they are listening.

Hope they will be more transparent and open in the future and trust their costumers

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Motorola is a Japanese company. The way they are handling this thing is sort of similar to Toyota. At least it seems that way to me. Maybe it's a cultural thing and that's why we are getting these somewhat vague announcements.