Network Drops Minimizing?

OP
bluezdawg

bluezdawg

Reaction score
B-bob, my suggestion would be to get the lowdown on the RZ from someone that lives in your signal area if possible. If you gotta make a decison right now, ya gotta go with the info you have. As I stated in my OP, I have seen marked improvement in staying connected in the pat week. I just walked downstairs an noticed I went from 4g to wireless then back to 4g without a hickup! Im gonna hang with the Bionic for now. With that said, I still gotta see the fixes for the other stuff by the end of the year. Good luck to you!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I live in a 4G fringe zone, and my rezound handles it without issues :) EVEN in CDMA/LTE mode!!! :biggrin: when my bionic started locking 3G it was a very tough call to give up my bionic for the RZ. I hung onto it until the very last of my 5 days to send back one of the two because I wanted the HD dock feature so bad I can't stand it, but for $100 I decided another $50 get's me a dedicated media PC to hook up to our tv *shrug*. That and after 1 day with the rezound it was hard to go back to the bionic lol. (Call me a videophile if you will, it was nice not seeing every pixel in the screen 20/15 vision can be annoying at times LOL)

Last edited:

beltwaybob

Reaction score
My new best friend Nyteravyn has just replied to a thread entitled - Bionic Reviews, Tips, and problems: the reason that bionic will not do voice and data on 3 g is that the cdma is restricted to 1 or the other... however within a 4 g area, the sim card and 4 g handle data while the cdma radio handles voice...
If you look at your phone while in call and on 3g you see the signal bars and then 3g resets after a call is over. While on a4g call, the 4g symbol is still vis and data is avail... 2 radios = 2 simultaneous options... 1 radio... You get the picture :)
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This is very logical and explains a lot.

Bob

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
This is very logical and explains a lot.

Bob

it is, and it's true for the bionic. The Rezound and thunderbolt use a different type of CDMA radio tech that allows simultaneous voice and data (SVDO rather than EVDO). Honestly I'm a bit amazed AT&T has let them get away with that... I always thought that was an AT&T thing, I was happily surprised when I found out its within the phone :)