ICS Data Drop

TonyBoD

Reaction score
Since day 1 I've had data drops - alot of us have. I tried to be patient and wait for ICS to see if that helped - for me it did improve things and data drops became fewer and resolved more quickly.

Unfortunately, my phone dropped data about an hour ago an nothing I have done to fix it, including pulling the battery and SIM card have resolved it - I get no data at all - no 4g, no 3g, not even 1x. I've not seen a data drop this bad - I'm hoping that data will mysteriously just come back at some point (it better or I'm going to smash this paperweight into a million pieces).

Anyone have this problem on ICS? Any soltion? Will it resolve itself as it has in the past?

dyno

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a defective phone. Even before ICS I would only drop data a few times a week and now with ICS I have no data drops.

diablo81588

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a defective phone. Even before ICS I would only drop data a few times a week and now with ICS I have no data drops.

They might be in a fringe area that causes constant switching between 3g and 4g. I wouldn't be so quick to blame the phone before you know other factors.

To the op, try going to Verizon and getting a new sim card. Sometimes they're defective and getting a free replacement is an easy fix. Also, if you use the Facebook app, try uninstalling that and using friend caster. For some reason with moto's ICS builds the Facebook app causes data drops.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

LBrooks

Reaction score
I had a previously non problematic Bionic - live and work at home in an extended 4G area that ICS just really - wow - was like a signal booster for! A couple of days here and there - was down to a 1x and no signal - no bueno. I set my phone for 3G only (did the *#*#4636#*#* [in fact, I added that as a contact LOL]) - took a few minutes but finally got a solid 3G signal and the hunt was off ... If that doesn't help or work ~ You might try re-seating your sim card ... shut your phone off -take your sim out - leave it out for at least 15 seconds - then re-insert it etc etc ... and if I understand right - for 4G phones the *228 does not work for them (updating tower info) - re-seating the sim card is what updates etc etc. ... that has also worked for me before - could've sworn I had the thing in there, but blah blah blah, re-seated it and down the road I went ...

<eta: Or yeah - do what diablo said ... probably better ... >

HTH

FrankieZee

Reaction score
I tend to drop data more often now on ICS than I did before as well. It's weird, I see 4g in more places than I did before, but I'm constantly switching between 3 and 4g, or dropping altogether.

I do live in an area that is not as well covered by VZW as I would like, but I certainly didn't expect things to get progressively worse with each update.

I was thinking about jumping ship to a GS3, but I just updated both of my PC'S to Win8, so now I'm exploring WinPhone8. Either way, I'm not sure I'll be on this Bionic for too much longer.

Grr

DoctorV

Reaction score
so now I'm exploring WinPhone8. Either way, I'm not sure I'll be on this Bionic for too much longer.

Oh my god!! Step away from the ledge my friend! Let's not do anything drastic! You're life still has meaning so please hang in there! :icon_eek: For god's sake someone help this poor man before it's too late!!!

FrankieZee

Reaction score
Oh my god!! Step away from the ledge my friend! Let's not do anything drastic! You're life still has meaning so please hang in there! :icon_eek: For god's sake someone help this poor man before it's too late!!!

Haha Yup, I'm close to taking that huge jump. I always hated Windows phones in the past. But since Win8 has completely won me over on my PC's, I like the idea of everything being the same. We'll see, I still have yet to even play with one. I just know almost everyone on the WinPhone8 forums that switched are glad they did.

But alas, that's off topic. Back to bashing the Bionic! :p