Dropped 4G Data EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Well, sending this post from my 3rd bionic over a 4g signal...let's see how this goes.
The phone is on .902; I'm contemplating leaving it

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
Its rather obvious from all the folks who are on the ICS leaks that its not the network that's the problem, and it's really not likely to be the individual phone itself either. Maybe in a few isolated cases, but pretty much everyone who has FXZ'd back to 902, updated OTA to 905, then applied the 232 leak of ICS is golden. I've even done it without losing any of my apps/data and have zero data drops now. I was getting them 4-9x per day before, even on 905.

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Its rather obvious from all the folks who are on the ICS leaks that its not the network that's the problem, and it's really not likely to be the individual phone itself either. Maybe in a few isolated cases, but pretty much everyone who has FXZ'd back to 902, updated OTA to 905, then applied the 232 leak of ICS is golden. I've even done it without losing any of my apps/data and have zero data drops now. I was getting them 4-9x per day before, even on 905.

This mirrors my experience also....got the leak Wednesday...data connection has been rock solid since.:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Wow man. Just sending out an update, this replacement bionic has been awesome. Im really happy Verizon was so helpful (customer service over the phone NOT in store). This bionic is one of the ones I feel matches what the bionic should have been all along. I don't want any other phone on the market right now.

Just before the Android update makes it even sweeter. This phone, in a full working state and in 4g service, is a powerhouse. Lovin it right now!

deduct

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
Wow man. Just sending out an update, this replacement bionic has been awesome. Im really happy Verizon was so helpful (customer service over the phone NOT in store). This bionic is one of the ones I feel matches what the bionic should have been all along. I don't want any other phone on the market right now.

Just before the Android update makes it even sweeter. This phone, in a full working state and in 4g service, is a powerhouse. Lovin it right now!

That's great man. Happy that you finally got a working bionic. Its a great phone. I've had virtually no problems with mine and i have had it since launch day. Every phone is going to have its lemons. Wait until you get ics on it. You wont believe how much you love it then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score

I'm glad that you got a good one that works well. I solved this problem by buying a Samsung Galaxy S3 recently because I'd had enough of those damn data drops!!!! I'm still keeping my Bionic though to use as a wifi device in the HD dock and the Lapdock. Good luck to everyone else, hopefully ICS will solve things when the Bionic "FINALLY" gets it.

Tonik

Reaction score
Its rather obvious from all the folks who are on the ICS leaks that its not the network that's the problem, and it's really not likely to be the individual phone itself either.

That is my experience. This phone rocks on ICS, been on it since the first leaks. It was pretty good on 902 and sucked on 905. My advice to the poster that just got a new phone on 902 is to stay on 902 until ICS comes out if he does not want to run a leaked ICS.

dihtn

Reaction score
These data drops are really getting old. Has been going on for about a month. I hope they roll ICS soon so hopefully the data drops will stop.

ncridgerunner

Reaction score
I've been having terrible data drops on my home system which continues to be 3g. In the past 2 weeks I have travelled for several days staying in 3 different 4g areas. Asheville, NC; Raleigh, NC: and Myrtle Beach, SC. While in these areas I did not experience any data drops. this leads me to believe that the major problem stems from the local equipment. What I don't understand is why my Bionic is affected and other smart phones are not.

Mfinchv1

Reaction score
On. 905 and.902 had constant 4g loss. Been on ics for a month now.....not one single data loss...been awesome on ics

brunla

Reaction score
Still on 905 and I deleted the "Lookout" app and my data drops have mysteriously stopped
Anybody else still experiencing drops that have this app? (Or a security app like it). Try uninstalling and see if it works. I'm going from unusable 4G to no drops in the last 24 hours. Unless suddenly Verizon got their act together....

lisalisa13

Reaction score
what is the look out app? my 4g almost never works since the 905 update, really tired of it but scared to root, never done it.

Reaction score
lisalisa13 said:
what is the look out app? my 4g almost never works since the 905 update, really tired of it but scared to root, never done it.

if you update to .232 it is not rooting it, there is a way back, it will be fine... Felt the same way a few days ago but .232 works great!

lisalisa13

Reaction score
redspawnsilver said:
if you update to .232 it is not rooting it, there is a way back, it will be fine... Felt the same way a few days ago but .232 works great!

ok, so think i might have to jump on the bandwagon, really tired of not having service. i know I've asked before, but how? instructions or link for a non tech savvy person please lol. Also need to know how to get back

Reaction score
lisalisa13 said:
ok, so think i might have to jump on the bandwagon, really tired of not having service. i know I've asked before, but how? instructions or link for a non tech savvy person please lol. Also need to know how to get back

Do a search on these Forums and google, have a 6 month old to take care of tonight and this weekend....