Dropped 4G Data EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Droidram56

Reaction score
The airplane mode trick only worked for me for a short time. VZW is sending me a new SIM card. If that doesn't work, a phone swap.

TonyBoD

Reaction score
.905 is killing me and my battery

I got .905 as soon as it was available and I've returned to my office after being away for several weeks. While I've never had great data connectivity at the office (strange, because the buiding is at the intersection of 2 major interstate highways), it has been absolutely horrible with .905. As I sit at my desk my phone continually goes from 4g to 3g to 1x to nothing. I go into airplane mode - same thing keeps happening. I do a battery pull/SIM card pull - same thing happens. Worse yet, I've missed some texts - they just never showed up. The worst, though, is that all of this cycling and trying to get on/stay on a data network is killing my battery - I come into the office at 8:30 with a fully charged extended battery and by the time I leave at 5:30PM I'm down to 15-20%.

I was really hoping .905 would make things better, but it seems to have made them worse. I really want to like this phone and I'm trying to be patient, but I am incredibly unhappy with with this thing and often fantasize about smashing it against the wall - this phone without data might as well be some sort of coaster for my coffee.......

deduct

Reaction score
TonyBoD said:
I got .905 as soon as it was available and I've returned to my office after being away for several weeks. While I've never had great data connectivity at the office (strange, because the buiding is at the intersection of 2 major interstate highways), it has been absolutely horrible with .905. As I sit at my desk my phone continually goes from 4g to 3g to 1x to nothing. I go into airplane mode - same thing keeps happening. I do a battery pull/SIM card pull - same thing happens. Worse yet, I've missed some texts - they just never showed up. The worst, though, is that all of this cycling and trying to get on/stay on a data network is killing my battery - I come into the office at 8:30 with a fully charged extended battery and by the time I leave at 5:30PM I'm down to 15-20%.

I was really hoping .905 would make things better, but it seems to have made them worse. I really want to like this phone and I'm trying to be patient, but I am incredibly unhappy with with this thing and often fantasize about smashing it against the wall - this phone without data might as well be some sort of coaster for my coffee.......

Sorry for your troubles. Sounds to me like you need some ics. The ics leak has made my data the most stable its ever been. If u are stock 905 it will be really easy for u to update. If u need any help send me a p.m. and ill walk ya thru it .

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

jssmith76

Reaction score
Sorry for your troubles. Sounds to me like you need some ics. The ics leak has made my data the most stable its ever been. If u are stock 905 it will be really easy for u to update. If u need any help send me a p.m. and ill walk ya thru it .

+1 for the ICS update. I've noticed a considerably better 4G connection with the ICS update over 905.

bbucks36

Reaction score

905 for some did suck including me. 902 was better for me . if your not rooted id say your stuck with a coffee coaster until ICS is finall release (Q3). if you are rooted then go back to 902 and get root explorer and change teh com.motorola.blur.updater to com.motorola.blur.updater.bak it will stop it from updating 905. or get teh ICS leak even tho its soak my data drop has decreased sugnifacantly. its a fully operational rom. as far as some have said that battery life is better. me personally teh battery life is the same what ever rom i use. just my 2 cents.

jason1175

Reaction score
905 for some did suck including me. 902 was better for me . if your not rooted id say your stuck with a coffee coaster until ICS is finall release (Q3). if you are rooted then go back to 902 and get root explorer and change teh com.motorola.blur.updater to com.motorola.blur.updater.bak it will stop it from updating 905. or get teh ICS leak even tho its soak my data drop has decreased sugnifacantly. its a fully operational rom. as far as some have said that battery life is better. me personally teh battery life is the same what ever rom i use. just my 2 cents.

I also found .902 to be more stable however I seem to be having some positive results from enabling Data Roaming (Setting>Battery & Data Manager>Data Delivery). I had enabled this and used my phone throughout the day without any drops(blue, white, blue etc...). Towards the end of the day I disabled it and when I started using my phone this morning the issue has reappeared. I've now re-enabled and will see what happens.

Please Note* - I am in a solid 4G area so that isn't a concern

brunla

Reaction score
I am still having data drops with all the tips and tricks. Airplane, Sim Reset, VLR refreshed. They are all temporary at best. I never had one single issue up until 3 weeks ago (right before 905 update).
I have never rooted a phone and switching to ICS seems like a big risk to me. Some people are saying it has bricked phones. I really would have no clue what to do if something went wrong. My cell is my business phone, and it is the lifeline to my day. This seems like a Verizon problem and they are doing nothing to fix it.

kdivine981

Reaction score
If you aren't rooted that is no problem for the ics upgrade. In fact it really has been the best thing i could have done for my bionic. In two days I've had no drops and the process is much easier than pulling out sim card and battery.

Thus far the upgrade is better than any rom made except for the bloat. There is no need to root at all though. If you did decide to take the plunge there are plenty of great how to guides available...i would just recommend to back up all you're contacts etc. It really is the best thing for the phone.

brunla

Reaction score
What happens if it takes you off the upgrade path? Is it difficult to get back on?
Do you have the link to the easiest route? I think there are several versions and ways to do it.

If you aren't rooted that is no problem for the ics upgrade. In fact it really has been the best thing i could have done for my bionic. In two days I've had no drops and the process is much easier than pulling out sim card and battery.

Thus far the upgrade is better than any rom made except for the bloat. There is no need to root at all though. If you did decide to take the plunge there are plenty of great how to guides available...i would just recommend to back up all you're contacts etc. It really is the best thing for the phone.

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I am still having data drops with all the tips and tricks. Airplane, Sim Reset, VLR refreshed. They are all temporary at best. I never had one single issue up until 3 weeks ago (right before 905 update).
I have never rooted a phone and switching to ICS seems like a big risk to me. Some people are saying it has bricked phones. I really would have no clue what to do if something went wrong. My cell is my business phone, and it is the lifeline to my day. This seems like a Verizon problem and they are doing nothing to fix it.

What has Verizon said when you talked with them? Sure, getting info on the forums is great, but Verizon won't know you're having a problem unless you communicate that to them. .905 has solved data drops for some folks, remained the same for others, or made it worse for some. And, as also indicated on the forums, there appears to be reasonable evidence that Verizon's wireless network/towers are undergoing changes that affect data connectivity as well, and that VZW will send someone out to the tower if they have reason to believe it's negatively affecting your service.

-D

bbucks36

Reaction score
with all the files out there to restore a motorola device. bricking the bionic i think is not an option. the ics leak is the way to go. whats really funny is my camera broke on my bionic. the lense part had a big crack in it. i called moto up told them what the problem was. they said send it in and you will get it back in 10 days . luckly i had a back up phone . piece of crap lg revolution. anyways i sent it in with eclipse 3.0 and had a personlized boot animation on it. had cartman flipping the bird. they fixed my camera and sent it back to me with restored .902. with no questions ask. so root away. sorry i know off topic but thought it was funny how they said it would dismiss my warranty for something like that. i know it was the same phone cause i put my initials inside with ink. just to see if they would give me a refurb.