Data drop problem solved?

bufordpisser

Reaction score
@jrparsons, I have friend who works for one of the return and test centers. They do indeed test the phones that are returned. They have a battery of some 100 + tests that the phones have to pass. And my sister was a tech at a repair facility and she told me that if any of the tests were even marginal, the phone was flagged for return to the manufacturer. With all of the record keeping that goes on with things like imie numbers, serials and such, it would not be in tgeir best interests do just accept them, re box them, and send them out the door.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JRParsons

Reaction score
No offense meant towards your friend or your sister, just sharing my experience, over the course of 19 years with Verizon, I have received 7 CLN replacements, 2 were perfect, 1 had dead pixels (quite a few), one would not hold a data signal for long, I could slip a dime under the screen on one, another would receive but not send a call, and the last had a keyboard that was separated from the body of the phone.
I really don't believe in coincidence, nor do I think Verizon has it out for me.
I guess I could just be unlucky.

I don't dislike Verizon, actually over the time I've been with them, they have always gone out of their way to assure that I was happy. Including bending rules/policies, including offering early upgrades and replacing phones with different models. I just feel that if a phone fails within a year, they should replace it with a new one, or even 90 days.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
No offense meant towards your friend or your sister, just sharing my experience, over the course of 19 years with Verizon, I have received 7 CLN replacements, 2 were perfect, 1 had dead pixels (quite a few), one would not hold a data signal for long, I could slip a dime under the screen on one, another would receive but not send a call, and the last had a keyboard that was separated from the body of the phone.
I really don't believe in coincidence, nor do I think Verizon has it out for me.
I guess I could just be unlucky.

I don't dislike Verizon, actually over the time I've been with them, they have always gone out of their way to assure that I was happy. Including bending rules/policies, including offering early upgrades and replacing phones with different models. I just feel that if a phone fails within a year, they should replace it with a new one, or even 90 days.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

I can't even imagine how bad I'd react if I opened a box, charged the phone and had any of those issues after already returning a phone!

My hat's off to you sir, that's patience!

Last edited: