My stepdaughter, a 3GS owner, now wants this phone...

mjs31

Reaction score
She was over tonight for the trick or treat thing. We were checking out the videos and she is going to look hard. Not a knock on the 3GS by any means, she just loves the OS of this phone and feels she can finally get away from AT&T without completely sacrificing her Iphone experience. AT&T is pretty bad around my parts.

Man....I am so anxious for this Friday. I know the hype is usually to much for phones and I expect there to be some bugs....but screw it...I don't care :D

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wonder if the verizon folks would notice if one went missing? :D

Since they are being delieverd to thier customer support team on wed. (yes I know one personally) the only reason they are making us wait is because they can :cool:

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
I know...the bastards. My wife is laughing it me. I am a technology fanatic, but she just finds this so amusing and costly at times :p

I still am a bit nervous about the calendar notifications and ease of entry. I use it and some task managers quite a bit on my Tour. I found what appears to be a nice todo list I can use, but anyone know about the Droids calendar?

Zippster

Reaction score
Yeah this friday is basically my Halloween and Christmas all in one.
x2

Since they are being delieverd to thier customer support team on wed. (yes I know one personally) the only reason they are making us wait is because they can :cool:

Buzz and lines = great publicity, great publicity equals more sheeple wanting to know what its all about and get one for themselves.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
i'm so pumped.. welcome!

Kind of like a dream for me. I have been BB user for a while and decided to give the Iphone 3GS a try since I was a former Mac user. Actually really liked the jail break version of the phone. Regular version had to many restrictions or limitations for me which Jobs likes to do. Either way...I updated to their newest os release and messed up my jailbreak. Reverted back and it just was not the same. Jailbreak offered me much easier access to the calendar I used so often and easier entries besides the possibility of someone creating an app outside the apple arena. Either way...it really came down to AT&T in my area and it just sucks. That being said...I returned it and canceled AT&T. Of course they screwed that up as well, but oh well. I was happy to be back to my Tour, but at the same time, missed something about the Iphone....

Now...here comes the Android 2.0 OS on the Motorola Droid with pretty much the same features as the Iphone and then some. An open source OS and the amazing future that it holds.....

I must have done something right!!!!

omnibus

Reaction score
I don't want to drive 140 miles and be shut out of a new Droid. We do the drive every month or two so it won't be any big disaster.

I live in Gillette, WY a town/city of 25,000 My nearest source for a Droid is in Rapid City, South Dakota home of Mount Rushmore and about 50,000 people and a small Air Force installation.

The Droid should be available at a Best Buy and at a Verizon store in Rapid City but I don't know how big a draw it will be in this area. Both physical locations have very marginal AT&T service and no retail outlets.

What's my best strategy?

jcstarr

Reaction score
I would definitely do Best Buy. Then you are guaranteed a Droid on launch day and should you change your mind you can simply spend the $50 gift card. From my understanding and I cannot confirm this, BB was doing the preorder until November 1 (today) and seeing how many they received and then would decide based on the numbers by store if that particular store would take more preorders. Supply & demand... the last thing they want to do is over promise on preorders and have folks showing up to get a phone that someone else picked up already. Call your local BB and ask but be sure to speak with the Mobile Manager... no one at my BB had a CLUE about it so I printed the press release and took it in; it's amazing when we know more about it than they do. Press release is here if you want to do the same.

Best Buy® Mobile Offers Pre-Sells of Motorola DROID in Stores Beginning October 29 | Business Wire