Going on a cruise? Make sure to turn your phone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
To anyone who cares...

I finally made a call to Verizon again. After explaining exactly what happened (again), the CS agent completely understood and removed all charges, no questions asked.

This was the response I was hoping for to begin with and why I have been with Verizon for so long.

Let the hate begin... :)

moral of the story...... don't worry about paying for charges you incur, just complain enough to the right minimum wage rep, and they will magically make your charges disappear...

give your mom a razr, she can't handle a smart phone

You say that like it's a bad thing. Obviously it was in Verizon's best interests to keep him as a customer. I'm sure Verizon will accept a check from you if you want to cover the charges. After all, we don't want poor, helpless, barely scraping by, Verizon to have to ask the government for a bail out.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
To anyone who cares...

I finally made a call to Verizon again. After explaining exactly what happened (again), the CS agent completely understood and removed all charges, no questions asked.

This was the response I was hoping for to begin with and why I have been with Verizon for so long.

Let the hate begin... :)

moral of the story...... don't worry about paying for charges you incur, just complain enough to the right minimum wage rep, and they will magically make your charges disappear...

give your mom a razr, she can't handle a smart phone

You say that like it's a bad thing. Obviously it was in Verizon's best interests to keep him as a customer. I'm sure Verizon will accept a check from you if you want to cover the charges. After all, we don't want poor, helpless, barely scraping by, Verizon to have to ask the government for a bail out.
again, why does anyone, verizon, or myself, or you... have to eat the bill because she was irresponsible with her phone?

Just because Verizon is successful, doesn't mean they should be expected to pick up the bill when mother was the one that clearly dropped the ball.

Like my other analogy.... parents who give kids a cell phone, and then get surprised with a $1000 bill because kids went over the minutes or sent too many tm's.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
so far, I have learned about verizon....

1. you don't have to pay for charges you incur, even if they are clearly defined charges, so long as you try enough times and find the correct rep who doesn't care that they give away someone else's money (Verizon's in this case)

2. if you get your droid wet, again, just find the correct rep who won't need any proof, and say you saved a mentally challenged kid from drowning, and they'll give you a $500 phone (they don't have to pay it of course)

mactechnm

Reaction score
In a way, I do feel sorry for you. As a Customer Service Rep with Verizon, I deal with this every day. Ultimately though, it is your responsibility to check whether you phone will work when out of the USA, and what potential charges there may be, even if the phone is 'just turned on' and not used, it will incur data charges of $20.48/MB. I do have sympathy for your situation, but did you really not think that the Droid, which connects constantly to the internet, would not incur additional charges while overseas? I am amazed every day, the number of customers who play the "Loyal Customer' card! Do you get a discount, or a month's free service from the electric company, when you pay your bill every month for ten years? No, you are just expected to pay your bill, without complaint, for services rendered. Cellphone companies are not charities.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
In a way, I do feel sorry for you. As a Customer Service Rep with Verizon, I deal with this every day.

So do you have the power to remove any charges you want without any higher level approval? That's a lot of power for a "minimum wage employee". mcatdtDroid's words not mine.

Caniac Nation

Reaction score
A simple prompt that allows a user to acknowledge data roaming would be sufficient. Problem solved.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
A simple prompt that allows a user to acknowledge data roaming would be sufficient. Problem solved.

No, it obviously works fine buried in the small print of a Willy Wonka like contract.

In a way, I do feel sorry for you. As a Customer Service Rep with Verizon, I deal with this every day.

So do you have the power to remove any charges you want without any higher level approval? That's a lot of power for a "minimum wage employee". mcatdtDroid's words not mine.

CSRs don't make minimum wage.

I know, I was using an ancient technique called sarcasm. :D

R

Romple

No, it obviously works fine buried in the small print of a Willy Wonka like contract.

CSRs don't make minimum wage.

I know, I was using an ancient technique called sarcasm. :D

There is no sarcasm on the internet. Only serious business.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score

a simple "understand what the service you have, includes" would be sufficient.

I have no issues understanding that when I'm out of the nation, my phone goes off...

mactechnm

Reaction score
well you sure are something!

As other people have already mentioned, I make far more than minimum wage. Customer Service reps with Verizon Wireless have to have a minimum of an associates degree or one year customer service experience just to get hired, then we go through several months of training. Why? In order to effectively deal with unreasonable people, insane people, angry people, people who can barely speak English, and people who think, since VZW is a multi billion dollar company, that somehow, we have unlimited money to give away when people fail to take personal responsibility for their actions (or inaction).

JayCizzo

Reaction score

As other people have already mentioned, I make far more than minimum wage. Customer Service reps with Verizon Wireless have to have a minimum of an associates degree or one year customer service experience just to get hired, then we go through several months of training. Why? In order to effectively deal with unreasonable people, insane people, angry people, people who can barely speak English, and people who think, since VZW is a multi billion dollar company, that somehow, we have unlimited money to give away when people fail to take personal responsibility for their actions (or inaction).

Thanks. Your reading comprehension skills are little lacking though. I was using sarcasm in the 1st post and clarified in my next post that I understand you make more than minimum wage. You also didn't answer my very basic question. Do you have the power to remove charges without a supervisor's approval?

I understand my contract. I was speaking in terms of the general public. If this type of thing is happening to enough people that the FCC is looking at making changes than obviously something is wrong. Not everyone has a fancy associates degree like you. Some people need things explained more clearly. I understand if you have trouble grasping the concept that there is a world outside of YOU.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score

Thanks. Your reading comprehension skills are little lacking though. I was using sarcasm in the 1st post and clarified in my next post that I understand you make more than minimum wage. You also didn't answer my very basic question. Do you have the power to remove charges without a supervisor's approval?

I understand my contract. I was speaking in terms of the general public. If this type of thing is happening to enough people that the FCC is looking at making changes than obviously something is wrong. Not everyone has a fancy associates degree like you. Some people need things explained more clearly. I understand if you have trouble grasping the concept that there is a world outside of YOU.

again, if a person has that big of an issue understanding contracts, maybe a prepaid is more to their mental abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.