My Screen Broke!!!! :(

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
What do I do??!! I've had my Droid 1 since the day it came out and never dropped it, scratched it or anything and today while I was playing drums I pulled it out of my pocket and its cracked!! I think I hit it with a stick while playing. My year warranty is over, and the phone works but I need a new one!! Am I stuck buying a completely new phone or is there some way I can get a replacement?? I don't have the money for a new phone!! :icon_evil:

Please help!!
Brick

Also, since I'm rooted, if I do get the chance to get a replacement, can I unroot and send mine in without a trace of root??

Last edited:
Unless you have insurance, sounds like you are sol man. This is not a warranty issue. Best bet is to find on Craigslist or EBay. Good luck. Sorry can't be more help.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

If I bought one used from craigslist or eBay could I just take it into the Verizon store and activate it for no charge in place of my current one??

I'm thinking about buying a replacement screen off of eBay for $21.

Motorola Droid A855 Touch Screen Glass digitizer | eBay

Would I be able to repair my screen using this?? Because its not just the touch screen that is cracked its cracked all the way down through the screen I think. Could I use this to repair it?? That would be amazing :icon_eek:

I've read somewhere that a screen can be replaced. the instructions on how to do it are online somewhere. it didn't sound easy. of course, if you are mechanically inclined ...
I believe there are also businesses that'll do it for you, for about $60, I think.

rooted, on liberty 2.0.1, slightly oc'd

Yes you can take the used ph to vzw store to activate, & you shouldn't be charge any fees.

Before buying a replacement screen /glass make sure you're comfortable diy. I suggest going to Craigslist & search for anyone that can do this. Lots of ppl offer repair for iPhone but for Droid may not.

I'm very tech savvy, I build computers all day lol and I'm fine with replacing the screen myself, BUT, the link to eBay that I posted, its a replacement DIGITIZER, not sure what that is. I'm not positive but i think my screen is cracked all the way through. Because there are visible cracks that I can feel with my fingers, and visible cracks that I cannot that seem to be UNDER the actual Touch pad. Would buying the replacement digitizer also be replacing the main screen under the part that you actually touch?? Sorry I don't know a better way to word this lol

[video=youtube;6d7ETMfgq2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d7ETMfgq2s&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Well I answered my own question. The actual LCD screen sells seperately for $130. I'm pretty sure its just the touchscreen that's cracked tho. The only way to found out is to buy the replacement, use the tools and take it apart. Thanks for the help guys.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

For that much I'd rather buy used. For s&%t & giggles I just found someone in my area (Phoenix) selling used droid1 for $100 complete.

Swappa is another place you could buy a whole replacement phone. Currently they have 29 listings available from $110-$250. Obviously more expensive than replacing the screen, but I would probably go this route since I don't feel comfortable ripping my phone apart.

Yep I found a person today willing to sell me their like-new OG Droid for 100 so I'm gonna buy it monday. Thanks for the help guys, can't wait to get my Hack Machine back!! :icon_ banana:

Back