Cracked Screen

brownpm85

Reaction score
So I pulled my phone out of my pocket today and noticed that the top left corner has a small, curved crack that goes from the top left corner about 2 in. down. Before I go and unroot my phone and put it back to stock, what are my chances of getting a warranty replacement. I have insurance but if I can avoid the $80 deductible I would like to do that. I didn't drop the phone or anything, but I don't know if I might have bumped it on something while it was in my pocket. I'm guessing physical damage wouldn't be covered in a warranty replacement, but would it work out for me, because I don't want to unroot and take it to my vzw store if they are just going to tell me I have to do an insurance claim.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
That will not be covered by warranty.....

OP
B

brownpm85

Reaction score
alright thanks for the help, I was just seeing what I could get done. The crack doesn't effect the screen functionality but its just annoying.

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the only way to get it replaced for free is from a manufacturer defect or warranty issue and cracked glass does not fall into either category.

eat the 89 dollars and get another droid..... thats still better then over 500 dollars if you didnt have insurance...