OMFG..My phone just dropped on carpet'd floor and there's a huge crack on it.. :(

EpyonZeroX

Reaction score
My phone is rooted, so should i unroot immediately and do something about it? Is there a way to replace the screen? I dont' know how it cracked on a carpet'd floor :[ HELP!

OP
E

EpyonZeroX

Reaction score
i do have insurance...should i take it into verizon and have them replace it? Is that possible?

OP
E

EpyonZeroX

Reaction score
i'm sad :[ anyone know if you can have it replaced or not?

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes you have to file a claim through assurion and pay the $50 or $80 or $90 deductable and they will have you phone to you the next day. you just send back your broken droid in the padded envelope they provide

-=Jason=-

OP
E

EpyonZeroX

Reaction score
does the crack qualify as broken? like i can feel the edge and i don't wanna cut my face honestly..so can i claim it and if i do, do i have to unroot my phone?

pyro6128

Reaction score
I would unroot just to be on the safe side before you take it to verizon and try to negotiate some deal. You don't want them to notice and then screw you over.

edit: they beat me to it

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
unless you are with in your 30 day period I would not even bother with Verizon... even then YOU BROKE your phone why should Verizon take the hit for your carelessness with the precious.
go here Asurion - Your Technology Protection Company type in your info , pay the deductable, and get a new phone the next day. a cracked screen DOES qualify for a damaged DROID. DO NOT DROP IT IN WATER thats useless and you can't use the phone in the mean time until your replacement shows up

-=Jason=-

OP
E

EpyonZeroX

Reaction score
alright, thank you, i filed the insurance claim and paid 50.00 bucks for it :\
but yeah droiders..can i have the links on how to unroot the phone? basically go back to my "old settings" i have both nandroid backups (on pc and phone) so how do i go about getting it back to before all the BB goodness.

OP
E

EpyonZeroX

Reaction score
thank you, isn't there another one though? Simplier? Lets say i just want to go back to my nandroid backup (before i rooted/did anythign) and unroot from there.

OP
E

EpyonZeroX

Reaction score
could you use the DMU updater to "easy" unroot/stock the phone back?