my Droid X keep on rebooting

KingLeonidas

Reaction score
i just bought my new droid x from ebay to use it with metropcs.
first i did not activated it with any network. it had android 2.1 update 1, and it jest kept on rebooting every minute, even when i'm using it. then i updated it to the latest android version 2.3.15 and then flashed it to metropcs.
i thought the rebooting had stopped, but now it reboots it self when i'm not using it, 3-4 times every hour. but when i plug it in to the charger or to the computer via USB, then it does not reboot. is it a problem with the battery?

i don't have weather channel app, and i did make a factory reset before i flashed it. please help me out, i really staring to love this phone.

WeedR

Reaction score
You can try updating to the latest .340 official build. That might solve it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
K

KingLeonidas

Reaction score
You can try updating to the latest .340 official build. That might solve it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

thanks, but it did not work.
i am returning the phone

tribeguy1971

Reaction score
My X is rebooting too

I am on my 4th X and it does this annoying random rebooting thing too . I originally bought a factory refurbished one , got it replaced for a warranty replacement , got a new one the 3rd time , and am back on a warranty replacement . All of them came clean and besides the 1st one they all came with the newest Google update . I started to limit the market apps that I installed with each one , aside from the paid apps but nothing seems to work . I did , however notice , that the one I just got automatically downloaded advanced task killer , I did not re-download it . I found that odd . It didn't reboot until that installed , but that was an automatic install that is not a paid app , so why would it install ? Has anyone else had these problems with the phone ? I am so far past frustrated , I love the phone , the screen size , the HDMI output , etc etc . I am on the verge of telling VZW that I just flat out want a different phone , I'm sick of this , but I dont know what phone is in the pipeline that compares . I want a bigger screen and the HDMI output . Are there any phones in the next month or so coming out that are the X's equal , or should I continue to play the exchange game with verizon ? Any and all help is appreciated , thank you !:blackdroid::blackdroid::blackdroid::blackdroid::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: