My Drizzy Droid gotta virus.. i think

rcjames

Reaction score
I actually forgot about who started this thread. OK, so your phone does it even when not connected to the charger? You've done a factory reset? So even with no apps on the phone, it starts acting funky? Does the crack in the screen have anything to do with when it started acting funky?

Yea i told exact the same thing if it would be his screen. It could be, doing some type of short especially the inpact that the phone got that caused the crack. But i do have a brother with a broken iphone damn he still use it as is. Lmao. He might can get a brand new droid x as a replacement if he calls in and pay the different. He needs to give out more detail.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes theres some android virus right now.

Anyway, I'm really interested in this. What did you mean by this? Are you talking about that Russian MMS thing or something else? If so, the Russian MMS thing was a Trojan, not a virus. I don't mean to be picky, but there's a big difference and if you know about any actual viruses on Android, I'd like to hear about it.

Aquaflame14

Reaction score
my screen has been cracked since memorial day and my current problem has been going on since thursday my phone has always kinda been the droid that doesnt with a few minor issues here and there but i just accepted it cuz i figured it was a first run phone i knew it was gonna happen
also ive never used a charger other than mine since i have 2

rcjames

Reaction score
Yes theres some android virus right now.

Anyway, I'm really interested in this. What did you mean by this? Are you talking about that Russian MMS thing or something else? If so, the Russian MMS thing was a Trojan, not a virus. I don't mean to be picky, but there's a big difference and if you know about any actual viruses on Android, I'd like to hear about it.

Yea there is some sample viruses no i wasn't talking about that trojan. I know some geeks that is a developers. Their just experimenting. I cant really talk much about it because its their business. But android smartphone is blooming and android smartphone is being selling like crazy. So in the future hackers will be targeting android os. I'm sure other people working to find flaws and i'm sure we'll see virus on these phones down the road.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
my screen has been cracked since memorial day and my current problem has been going on since thursday my phone has always kinda been the droid that doesnt with a few minor issues here and there but i just accepted it cuz i figured it was a first run phone i knew it was gonna happen
also ive never used a charger other than mine since i have 2

OK, but did you say you did a factory reset or not?

Yea there is some sample viruses no i wasn't talking about that trojan. I know some geeks that is a developers. Their just experimenting. I cant really talk much about it because its their business. But android smartphone is blooming and android smartphone is being selling like crazy. So in the future hackers will be targeting android os. I'm sure other people working to find flaws and i'm sure we'll see virus on these phones down the road.

Oh wow. Well if you know some geeks that is a developers and their just experimenting, I understand why you can't talk about their business. [sic]

Aquaflame14

Reaction score
im sorry for the multiple posts but does anyone think it might just be a firmware problem and if i update to 2.2 ill be fine and if so can anyone link me a 2.2 rom and step by step me on how to install it

rcjames

Reaction score
im sorry for the multiple posts but does anyone think it might just be a firmware problem and if i update to 2.2 ill be fine and if so can anyone link me a 2.2 rom and step by step me on how to install it

To me it sound that its shorting out by the impact that caused the crack. You probably did more damage then just a crack screen. How did you break it? Did you ask them if they can swap it for a new droid x and pay a difference?

Aquaflame14

Reaction score
verizon was completely out of all droid models except the 2 but when the screen cracked it fell from my pocket but that was a few months ago thats why im confused on this being a impact problem cuz this should of happened when it fell i didnt ask verizon if i could swich for a 2 because i dont want a qwerty keyboard (although as of now without that keyboard my phone would be completely inoperable) ad 300 dollars for a droid 2 is sad considering the only diffrence between both models is the swype the 2.2 and the 1 ghz processor

rcjames

Reaction score
I damage alot of electronic at the past, and it would get worse within time. Alot of electronic get like that. Did you ever installed 2.2? Have you done anything to the rom? Once i had a working sony laptop, it started over heating, it would get worse within time that blam it died on me. HAHA its myfault for not taking care of it quickly. Beside I didn't care i have so many pc and servers. No need to fix it anyways since i have enough pc and servers.

Aquaflame14

Reaction score
my droid was one of the many never given the 2.2 update i do know there is a rom out there for it (im not too sure if its legal but theres one available) and i take very good care of my phone that was the first and only time ive ever dropped my phone (minus me throwing my phone in rage on thursday when it started acting up) but i have a friend who physically abuses her phone and not a single problem and we both own the droid