got a virus on my droid...

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
first off YOU should get your facts straight... that's a trojan not a virus. Second, you see the beta team tag under my name? That means I know more than the average user also. Third, that looks exactly like my moms sd card did when the vzw rep corrupted it by putting it in her d2g straight from her old BB storm. Its corrupted, format the card and move on. Fourth, if it truly was a virus then changing your sdcard would not have helped.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

ok, trojan, virus, to the common user, same thing, so sorry for the slight difference in termonology, and also, apologized for seeming like i was bashing u, either way, something was taking data off my phone that was unauthorized, and i thought that people should know about it, is that wrong of me? and no, im pretty sure my data is not corrupt on my sd card its been in this phone since ive had it and theese files showed up randomly and ive done a thorough inspection of everything on my sd so, again, sorry if it sounds like im being a dick, but im not bs'ing u guys...

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
and maybe changing the sd card didnt help in the long run and maybe it will come back, but for now i have noticed 10x increase in responsiveness and havent had any FCs since then, but sorry for trying to warn people of what ACTUALLY happened to me, and telling u guys about it, damn

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
first off YOU should get your facts straight... that's a trojan not a virus. Second, you see the beta team tag under my name? That means I know more than the average user also. Third, that looks exactly like my moms sd card did when the vzw rep corrupted it by putting it in her d2g straight from her old BB storm. Its corrupted, format the card and move on. Fourth, if it truly was a virus then changing your sdcard would not have helped.

ok, trojan, virus, to the common user, same thing, so sorry for the slight difference in termonology, and also, apologized for seeming like i was bashing u, either way, something was taking data off my phone that was unauthorized, and i thought that people should know about it, is that wrong of me? and no, im pretty sure my data is not corrupt on my sd card its been in this phone since ive had it and theese files showed up randomly and ive done a thorough inspection of everything on my sd so, again, sorry if it sounds like im being a dick, but im not bs'ing u guys...

Im just saying, you said it was a virus when it wasn't.... there's major differences between viruses and trojans. I didn't think you were bashing me lol, I just can't stand when people post wrong info.

Im telling you though, it has to be that your data was corrupted..... otherwise changing the card wouldn't have done ANYTHING to help...... also, as someone said there's only 1 company (one that I had never heard of) that's saying its bad, that should send up a red flag by itself. Especially considering even the best ones (Kaspersky is one of if not the best for mobiles imo) hasn't confirmed it....

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
and 13th, bb and android may use a different file format system (i dont know just an idea of what u may have seen) and like ive said im sorry if i seemed like i was talkin crap about what u say or what u know, u seem like a very knowledgeable person and i am also very knowledgeable on the subject and thought i would share my experience, and yes theese files all say they are 0KB, but when i finally got rid of them, it freed up 6.5GB of space on the card, from what ive seen it really seems like a virus (or trojan) either way, MALICIOUS CODE, trying to protect itself from being removed, and since getting the new sd card, i have had no problems, just thought i would share my experience...

ahC_hED

Reaction score
Wouldn't a trojan be ran from the root side of things, like /system, /xbins, /sbins and not from a sd?

Sent from my DROID2 of shame.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wouldn't a trojan be ran from the root side of things, like /system, /xbins, /sbins and not from a sd?

Sent from my DROID2 of shame.

Not neccesarily. A virus would have to but a trojan wouldn't since it isn't modifying any file. A virus would be modifying system files and would require root access (which is why linux is so much more secure than windows).

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score

Im just saying, you said it was a virus when it wasn't.... there's major differences between viruses and trojans. I didn't think you were bashing me lol, I just can't stand when people post wrong info.

Im telling you though, it has to be that your data was corrupted..... otherwise changing the card wouldn't have done ANYTHING to help...... also, as someone said there's only 1 company (one that I had never heard of) that's saying its bad, that should send up a red flag by itself. Especially considering even the best ones (Kaspersky is one of if not the best for mobiles imo) hasn't confirmed it....

i havent tried kaspersky for my phone but i use it on my pc and i like it, it detects even programs that ive used in school for "test hacking" as harmful (such as cain if ur familiar) but ive never had any probs this this sd card, used in the same phone the whole time, never been ejected or unmounted incorrectly, pc and phone can both see and read all files correctly, and phone was going SUPER slow and TONS of apps were FCing randomly, and ever since i switched sd cards ive noticed great increases in speed and no FCs and all around better performance, and ive seen other sites posting about android viruses (or trojans) that sound similar, and im literally 99.9% sure i had one and most if not all malicious code was stored on sd

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
either way, its late here and i have to work in the morn, but i will check this post in the morn n let u guys know how its going and my opinions on the subject

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I actually prefer avast for what little time im actually on winblows but yea, pc kaspersky is amazing. I threw together a virus when I was first learning to code just to try to get past it and nothing I came up with could.

I give up on that whole thing lol....

kptphalkon

Reaction score
If you can find the trojan file on your sd card, I would love to know. Not being skeptical, I just love gathering info. It seems like a rather inelegant malicious program as well, and so far as I know yes it was YOU who put it on your phone.

No trojan will just appear out of thin air. Some file, or app, or picture or whatever you downloaded was malicious. so please think back to the day this started happening, and the day before, and what you had done to the phone. It would help us all if we can help you solve the mystery.

Last edited:
OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
If you can find the trojan file on your sd card, I would love to know. Not being skeptical, I just love gathering info. It seems like a rather inelegant malicious program as well, and so far as I know yes it was YOU who put it on your phone.

No trojan will just appear out of thin air. Some file, or app, or picture or whatever you downloaded was malicious. so please think back to the day this started happening, and the day before, and what you had done to the phone. It would help us all if we can help you solve the mystery.

it was going on for months, slowly getting worse, so i have no idea sorry

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
I actually prefer avast for what little time im actually on winblows but yea, pc kaspersky is amazing. I threw together a virus when I was first learning to code just to try to get past it and nothing I came up with could.

I give up on that whole thing lol....

kaspersky picked up a few "hacking" programs i used for a network security class sayin they were harmful lol

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Virus scanners work on general assumption,

If the program modifies volatile memory in a certain way that is typically used by malicious code, performs network functions like packet spoofing, anything a standard user program doesnt do, it will be flagged as a virus.

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
so, thats weird, i did a nandroid backup, wiped data and cache, tried doing a couple things that still seemed a little buggy, went to go restore to that nandroid backup, and nandroid says there is no backups to restore to...