Rogue Droid - HUGE ISSUE!!!!

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
this is a major i mean major lol wtf? momment i want a charger that dose that to mine any ways to bamfsig45s sig somtimes the smartphone surepasses the controler

Vitticeps

Reaction score
this is a major i mean major lol wtf? momment i want a charger that dose that to mine any ways to bamfsig45s sig somtimes the smartphone surepasses the controler

I have absolutely no idea what you just said. None. :icon_question: :)

OP
G

gpigate

Reaction score
the bad thing is, i still get calls from drunken friends and neighbors saying

"oooo ooo ahhaho ooo (weird voice) this "insert friends name here" calling. I dont have a droid, but blah blah blah blah" at 3 in the morning

Reaction score
Ok, so my motorola droid made me think I was losing my mind, without a doubt. Why?

Wednesday morning I wake up around 5am, go to the bathroom, on the way back by I notice my phone is lit up and surfing the web. WHAT?????? it is on face book, on the registration page. I pick up the phone, unplug and start looking. It has responded to an email to 15 of my coworkers with a blank body message. It has attempted to send 3 or 4 text messages, they are marked as drafts.....

Ok, I am known to sleep walk and start to blame myself.

Thursday night into Friday morning. 3am our dog wakes me up, I go to get back in bed and realized the phone is lit up and panning through home pages. WTF!!!!!!!!! I look, 4 missed calls, 4 new texts. I start looking and the phone called my parents, my neighbors, a client, has again attempted to send text messages, and has sent a blank email to one of my other email accounts.

I made my wife look at it, she agreed something was going on and that I was not sleep walking and that I was not crazy. My neighbor and parents are freaked out thinking we are being robbed or something. My neighbor walks over to check on the house, nothing going on. My dad said that it sounded like my son had the phone pushing buttons.

I download a droid virus scanner thinking someone is hacking my phone at night or something. No viruses. Ok, maybe magnets for the dock and something related to my dresser, I move to an end table.... same thing. I noticed with it plugged in the buttons at the bottom (back, menu, home etc) do not work properly, its more like touch gestures in the screen. My wife asks me, which charger is that... uh oh its the new one. I put the one that came with the phone back in and it works fine. So I take the "bad" charger up to the office and plug the phone in. Go back downstairs to get coffee, come back up again and the phone (the devil :) :icon_ devil: ) has decide to repeatedly launch this new virus scan application.

SO............... this charger is causing this phone to do some really really really odd stuff. Call people, send emails, send txt messages etc. I bought a pack of charger/case on ebay for like 6 bucks. Just to give something to put the phone in on my side until seidio comes out with cases. I used this charger because it has a longer cord than the factory one.

I guess BE CAREFUL OF AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES. Anyone else find this really odd?

Video of the virus scan phenomenon from this morning.
YouTube - Crazy Rogue Motorola Droid

Haha, the communist are on to ya! You better watch your behind! :rofl3:

calebgroup

Reaction score
Let me just chime in here and say, that this has happened to me too, and I didn't buy an aftermarket charger from Ebay. I have been using the original charger. I called Verizon, and they have no idea of this issue, so I directed the Tech Support person to this thread. I believe they know about it, but don't want to have to deal with it. I also plan on calling Motorola as well.

I did ask if I could have an HTC Incredible instead, but they said, no. The new Droid arrives in the mail tomorrow (didn't want to take the 45 min drive to the Verizon Store where they were in stock).

I will keep you guys updated on my status.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have a cheap-o home and car charger, got both for like 8 bucks total. Mine work fine. Thats kinda odd. Psycho phone! (ps you don't need virus software imo)

[email protected]

Reaction score
My Droid is going crazy sending messages, placing calls, pulling up and running apps, etc, even when its not plugged into the charger, and the only way I can get it to stop is to pull the battery. And when I do that it takes it FOREVER to come back on and then it starts doing it all over again unless I keep it locked. HELP?!?!

jacint

Reaction score
OK so I get this is funny and the resolution of the charger problem bizarrely successful, HOWEVER last night my Droid sent out crazy emails to a whole distribution list and saved a draft of another one to an address that came off a different distribution list that I'm on. What caused this? How do I find the source? For me this is not amusing it's very freaky!

mkraffert

Reaction score
oh im sure it makes for good conversation..... :) just imagine my conversations over the past 2 days.

ratings on the charger are

model: motv8/v9
input 110-220v 50-60hz
output 5v 500ma

I had similar problems with a similar charger. Maybe they really are becoming aware! :)
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

younga01

Reaction score
Droid's acting haywire here too. Just started randomly right after a phone call (during a work emergency no less, yesterday was the epitome of murphy's law). Weird thing was that it was off a charger and hadn't seen one since that morning (about 10 hours removed).

I was wondering if it could be related to the touch sensors though?

Either way, I have a feeling a new Droid is in order and I've had mine problem free since November. Has anyone had to pay to get a new one?

younga01

Reaction score
UPDATE:
So I took my phone to Verizon today. They are going to replace the phone even though I've had it since Novemeber. The Tech said Verizon knows about the issue, and they think it's a calibration malfunction, and our pushing real hard to have a way to calibrate the screen with 2.2. We'll see if that actually happens. But, bottom line, all I had to pay was the 10 bucks to have the phone overnighted.

trumpet444

Reaction score
everytime i connected mine to an ac/dc converter to use my stock charger in my car it always opened up the "3" cubed music player and started playing bloc party, every time.

violent bandit

Reaction score
im using the cord of my lg envy touch with the original moto wall charger that came with the phone because its longer and my phone is not doing crazy things....i think if you dont use the moto wall charger it makes its do crazy things. idk thats just my opinion

ctedgeman

Reaction score
I've been having issues since I started using some other chargers I bought since the one that came with the phone was too short. But one was an OEM motorola and the other was direct from Verizon, so i was not using any cheap 3rd party chargers. I also bought an Otterbox case at the same time that i bought these extra chargers.

Webpages would zoom in and out like crazy when all i was doing was scrolling. When typing on the virtual keyboard, i'd get multiples of the same letter or a letter on the opposite side of the keyboard than the one i actually pressed. Of course, I assumed it was the chargers since it only happened while my phone was plugged in. The voltages and output should be fine though.

But I noticed something interesting today. The phone only acts crazy when the Otterbox case is on while charging. When i remove the case there are no problems. So i'm starting to think its not a charger problem, but something about the case. The case doesn't cause the micro-usb to not connect correctly, but it's gotta be something else about the case. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. But the case doesn't cause problems when it's not charging, so i really don't get it.