My Drizzy Droid gotta virus.. i think

1080peso

Reaction score
My droid is actin like a real bish and clickin on stuff and moving the screen, calling voicemail and people without me even touching anything. I called Verizon, they made me reset the phoen back to factory and i still does the same thing. could it be i have a virus? I was charging it at work thru the computer , the pc got a virus so i guess it spread to my drizzy, is there a way to get a anti virus scan ran on my droid?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My droid is actin like a real bish and clickin on stuff and moving the screen, calling voicemail and people without me even touching anything. I called Verizon, they made me reset the phoen back to factory and i still does the same thing. could it be i have a virus? I was charging it at work thru the computer , the pc got a virus so i guess it spread to my drizzy, is there a way to get a anti virus scan ran on my droid?

You don't have a Virus. What you have is a warranty. Use it. If a factory data reset didn't fix it, there has to be a problem.

Just out of curiosity do you use a different charger then the one that came with your Droid? I've heard of strange behavior like this when plugged into chargers that were not up to speed.

ddyoo

Reaction score
uh oh. I should be careful then. I've been using different chargers that didn't come with my droid for the last few weeks. So far, I have not encountered any problems but it's better to be safe then sorry.

OP
1080peso

1080peso

Reaction score
yea this charger belongs to another verizon phone. its not the one that came with the phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yea this charger belongs to another verizon phone. its not the one that came with the phone.

Well, charge it with the proper charger and see if that doesn't cure this bazaar behavior.

OP
1080peso

1080peso

Reaction score
is there a way to disable the touch screen or something. New phone doesnt come til wednesday...i hate friday the 13th...but soon as i unlock it man it starts actin foolish. i guess it gets tired then i can select a few items but once it rests its back at it

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think there were reports of it acting funny only when the phone was actually plugged in to some chargers. If you're not actually charging and it still happens then that's not the problem.

You're hands aren't wet, are they?

You should try booting into safe mode. If it still happens then I guess you need a new one. If safe mode fixes it then it's one of your apps causing problems.

OP
1080peso

1080peso

Reaction score
I think there were reports of it acting funny only when the phone was actually plugged in to some chargers. If you're not actually charging and it still happens then that's not the problem.

You should try booting into safe mode. If it still happens then I guess you need a new one. If safe mode fixes it then it's one of your apps causing problems.

all the apps are erased, verizon had me reset the phone an dits on factory default now. i have it locked but its trying to slide the unlock across without me even touching it

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

all the apps are erased, verizon had me reset the phone an dits on factory default now. i have it locked but its trying to slide the unlock across without me even touching it
Wow, that's some spooky stuff. Pull the battery, you're without a phone until Wednesday it looks like.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
why does everyone assume they have a virus on there phone now?

Because they have them on their computers and their phone is now a computer. Unfortunately, they're not familiar with how robust UNIX is.

The only time my droid has a virus on it, it's because I just sneezed.

shaggy3131

Reaction score
Anyone actually heard of a legit virus yet?

Has anyone heard of a legit virus or malware yet? seems like a matter of time untill people start targeting linux based smart phones with there popularity and the amount of sensitive data that can be stored on them

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is very difficult to figure out how to crack the nut that is Linux/Android for virus writers. As far as I know: no known viruses on Android.

The only malware I've heard of:
1)fake bank app that stole users' passwords
2)wallpaper that sent some personal info to the dev, but turns out it may have been an honest mistake on the dev's part

Just watch those privileges when installing apps! If they want access to the SD card, internet, or contacts then you need to trust the app maker. If installing ROMs and apps, trust your source!

shaggy3131

Reaction score
Is this true even for a phone with root privileges?

Is this true even for a phone with root privileges?

I think I know the answer

if you give an app root privlege then yes it could then install what ever it wanted?

so again trust the source?

but you would have to give the specific app root privilege right?