Motorola Droid X - Available July 15th

soulpatch

Reaction score
I know I will not be paying for the wifi hotspot. Just not worth it. And it is even worse considering Sprint allows you to do it for free...
Sprint's hotspot feature is $30 extra.

Your right. Guess my local Sprint rep is an idiot as I pinged him on it....

Oh well still dont intend on moving due to the service in my area. Just enough that you dont roam onto a VZW tower but not enough to be reliable.

spiff72

Reaction score
I know I will not be paying for the wifi hotspot. Just not worth it. And it is even worse considering Sprint allows you to do it for free...... If only they have better service at my house I would consider Sprint for the Evo....

Wasn't VZW promoting the same wifi sharing/hotspot feature when they were pimping the Palm Pre Plus TV ad campaign? Were they charging $20 for the feature on that phone too?

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
If your eligible for an upgrade in 2010

Grammar/spelling: that should be "you're".

Technically it should read....."you're." not "you're". But who's keeping track....

+1 (guess that means I'm keeping tack? lol) I love grammar wars on forums, so pointless but so fun!

Anyway, also what time everyone think they are gonna have to get to Verizon, assuming no preorders, we talking 12AM, 3AM, 4AM, 6AM?

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Grammar/spelling: that should be "you're".

Technically it should read....."you're." not "you're". But who's keeping track....

+1 (guess that means I'm keeping tack? lol) I love grammar wars on forums, so pointless but so fun!

Anyway, also what time everyone think they are gonna have to get to Verizon, assuming no preorders, we talking 12AM, 3AM, 4AM, 6AM?

Ive never bought a phone the day it came out before. Do people really show up that early for these phones? I thought that was an apple thing. Would I probably be ok if I showed up at like 10, or do the stores usually run out fast?

GrillMouster

Reaction score
That really sucks that VZW is charging to use tethering, a feature that's native to the phone/OS. I'm hoping that 3rd party solutions, like we have now, will allow tethering without going through VZW. Then again, I haven't had much need for tethering yet.

msu

Reaction score
So I will be one year into a two year contract on December 29th. At that time I would be due for an early upgrade. So does this mean I could do my early upgrade early???

This is the question that right now, alot of people are wondering. It will be answered in due time. I'm sure you could ask the stores but they might not give you the right answers right this second. I'm sure at least by the end of this weekend there should be clarification on what "upgrade" means. Since july 15th isn't far away.

Yeah I just called in and they told me I'm up in November and can't do any upgrades. I figure I will just wait a little while till either right before the X comes out or after and call again. Then it is the whole thing on what to do with my rooted droid (that I love) and the $$ to get the X.

Killowatt

Reaction score
I was told I can get one after Aug 22, 2010. I'll try to get one sooner though.
This will be my first smart phone, I can't wait.