Verizon Droid X coming July 19th?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-x-july19.jpg

If your excited about the next Verizon Droid as much as we are, then mark down July 19th on your calendar. Kellex from Droid-Life.com continues pounding the Droid X information and now suggesting just 34 more days and this new "bigfoot" Motorola Droid X will be available. The official announcement is expected from Verizon sometime next week.

Source: Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Techenigma

Reaction score
quite possibly worth an early upgrade. Though I'll still wait at least a month for the dev's to get working on root, Rom's, and all sorts of goodies. Kind of like my Droid, which will never be retired. Its just too awesome.

wawa44oz

Reaction score
WOO-HOO... I think my wait for a DROID device is finally over.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol...Unless there is a huge demand for this device too. Hopefully they have plenty in production.

Darkseider

Reaction score
lol...Unless there is a huge demand for this device too. Hopefully they have plenty in production.

It's Motorola NOT HTC, they will have plenty available. As much as I dig this phone and the Droid 2 I am going to bide my time and wait for the Droid Pro/God Phone.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I think im going to play it safe and wait for the 2ghz DROID device at the end of the year. Even though the Droid X looks awesome, i'm unable to upgrade until december. :(

Techenigma

Reaction score

It's Motorola NOT HTC, they will have plenty available. As much as I dig this phone and the Droid 2 I am going to bide my time and wait for the Droid Pro/God Phone.

I thought the big issue behind HTC not being able to meet demand was Samsung is not able to manufacture AMOLED displays quickly enough to meet demand from all the phone manufacturers.

shamus

Reaction score
This is pretty awesome news.
Looks like I'll miss my 30 day window to take back my Incredible so I'll be rockin a Moto RAZR for about 15 days:laugh:
Anyone around here selling a used Droid?

thunter

Reaction score
Horray!

Look like in a few weeks I need to accidentally drop my droid off a 10 story building.... :)

jpatrick

Reaction score
gorgeous phone just to big for my liking....

Draw a 5" x 4.5" box then set your Droid in it ~ not much bigger and 0.15" thinner. I wonder what it will cost...

My droid is only 2.5" wide @ 4.5" wide that is an 80% increase in width. MUCH bigger in my book.

The Droid X is 5.01" x 2.5" x .39" and the Droid is 4.56" x 2.36" x .54".

So the X is a little less than 1/2" taller and just a tad wider but also a tad thinner. I wish they could have knocked a quarter inch of the heigth but I will be in the store on day one and if it feels good in my hand I'll be getting this device.

As much as I'd love to wait until December, I need a new phone, and by getting one now I'll be able to upgrade next summer which should be a good time to get a Verizon 4G phone.

Mule65

Reaction score
gorgeous phone just to big for my liking....

Draw a 5" x 4.5" box then set your Droid in it ~ not much bigger and 0.15" thinner. I wonder what it will cost...

My droid is only 2.5" wide @ 4.5" wide that is an 80% increase in width. MUCH bigger in my book.

Argh! No edit button!

Meant to say:

Draw a 5" x 2.5" box then set your Droid in it ~ not much bigger and 0.15" thinner.