VZ Spokeswoman on Droid X launch: "We have inventory to meet customer needs"

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
deaa9f.jpg

Update 4:35 PM EST: Droid-Life now has good news, that there will be more supply than previously thought. Two of the largest VZ distribution centers, Memphis, and Fontana have just been re-stocked completely, and are shipping more to retail stores. Throw that 25,000 device total away. There will be many more Droid X's available on July 15th than that. More info
here

A few days ago, Droid-Life broke the story that a limited supply of Droid X devices will be available on the July 15th launch date. According to leaked documents, Verizon's main Memphis warehouse shipped out as little as 25,000 Droid X's to Verizon stores, which seems to be a gross underestimation for the demand the device will likely see. Then, more leaked documents surfaced yesterday, indicating that many retail stores in NYC, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, and Houston will be receiving as few as 5 Droid X devices each.

Today, in a CNN interview, Verizon Spokeswoman Brenda Raney denounced these rumors:

"While we are currently experiencing delays on orders of one of our more popular phones. We view that as an anomaly driven by a combination of supply and popularity," she said. "At present, we feel that we have done everything possible to ensure we have inventory to meet customer needs around the Droid X--the proof will be in the execution on July 15."
According to Raney, the Droid X will not suffer the same fate as that other "popular phone" (the Droid Incredible), and believes there will be enough Droid X's to meet demand on July 15th. So, what do you guys think? Will there be a shortage of Droid X devices on launch date? And what would be the ramifications if such a shortage took place?

via Droid-Life
Source: CNN

Last edited:
OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are there ever any ramifications?

well, considering the Incredible shortages already, i would think there may be an uproar from the customers...

rudolphe

Reaction score
I just hope we find out what Best Buy's inventory numbers are going to be sometime soon. I don't want them to not get enough to fill my pre-order. If I know in advance i can just go to a vzw store in the morning.

wexplex

Reaction score
I just hope we find out what Best Buy's inventory numbers are going to be sometime soon. I don't want them to not get enough to fill my pre-order. If I know in advance i can just go to a vzw store in the morning.
- in the same boat

ihatemystorm

Reaction score
Just called one of my local vzw stores he said "we have more then 10. So get here early." to me that means they have like 11-13. Cause if it was higher he would have said around 15 or 20.

wexplex

Reaction score
from droid-life.com "“While we are currently experiencing delays on orders of one of our more popular phones. We view that as an anomaly driven by a combination of supply and popularity,” Brenda Raney said. “At present, we feel that we have done everything possible to ensure we have inventory to meet customer needs around the Droid X–the proof will be in the execution on July 15.”
And here’s to execution going off flawlessly. We hope that as many of you as possible have the chance to get a hold of this device and enjoy all of its glory.
Update: We just received new shots of the Memphis and Fontana warehouses which appear to be restocked after dropping under 10,000 yesterday. Throw a party people, Droid X’s will be flowing in bundles on Thursday!"

Bruiser616

Reaction score
I called my store and they claim to have 100 X's.

They will be open from 12 am to 1 am Thursday and they do not expect to be able to get rid of them all in that time.

I will be there. I remember when I used to camp out for concert tickets. Then for XBOX 360. Now a phone. What's next? A car? A house?:icon_eek:

ihatemystorm

Reaction score
Lucky. Where r u at that they r doing that? I'm gonna call up all stores in area and see if they r doing that

Bruiser616

Reaction score
Search stores on the Verizon website by your zipcode. If the store is doing the midnight sale it is there. Thats how I found out about it.

I am in Maryland.

sroach23

Reaction score
Search stores on the Verizon website by your zipcode. If the store is doing the midnight sale it is there. Thats how I found out about it.

I am in Maryland.

wonder why they are doing it in a small city in maryland, yet not a single store in the entire city of houston is listing different hours.

D

dawsonba

I've called many VZ stores in my area and none are changing their hours!
I'm hoping to order my DX online very early Thursday morning given the uncertainty of how many phones will be available.