Motorola Droid X - Available July 15th

Generalg

Reaction score
Want to know the full retail price as well... My upgrade date isn't till August 2011.... dangit.

Reaction score
I would imagine the full retail is going to be somewhere in the area of $600-$650 (Incredible is $619).

The fact that they're allowing upgrades early is going to be a goldmine for stores that can keep these things in stock. (I've been telling my owner for 2 weeks that we better have a pile of these things when they launch).

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
I may need to use my family line upgrade to get this. I have the Droid and love it but the No Keyboard, HD Video, faster processor and not to mention Memory is sweet.

Reaction score
lol I think my wife would kill me if I used another upgrade this year. Besides, I'm pretty attached to my rooted droid.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
Stratton says the data overage for tethering will be 5 cents a megabyte. "Have all the megabytes you can stand."

(on top of the $20 for 2gigs of tethering initially, of course)

isn that like $51.20 per gig thats pretty steep considering its only 0.009766 cents per megabyte.

johnny9374

Reaction score
im due for an upgrade on my second line in august and they are allowing early upgrades im all over this this dancedroid

jason6g

Reaction score
Even if you dont get the 20$ Hotspot feature, can't you use the apps and (when it comes) the rooted methods to wifi tether for...free?

yes

droid X is an awesome phone - im not a fan of the motoblur on it - even though it is ALOT better than the devour & cliq - but then again on my phone i have a clock, power control, and calendar - nothing more, everything else i access from the app drawer. not a deal breaker and i definitely see value in the overlay/widgets

i for one will be holding out for the "third" droid of 2010 - with the 2ghz processor and *hopefully* lte support

VitsDroid

Reaction score
lol I think my wife would kill me if I used another upgrade this year. Besides, I'm pretty attached to my rooted droid.

I have a line eligible and very tempted but I think I'll hold out till the holidays, and my wife might send me a divorce decree if I did. I gotta admit she has been really patient with me and my mDroid.

seldon

Reaction score
what about the early upgrade after 1 year?

This is my question as well - the broader question being whether those who got a Droid at launch last November will be allowed to upgrade to this phone at launch. The email I got from Verizon said that I could get the Droid X on July 15 for $199, so I'm thinking the plan is to allow this. However, if you read the press release, it says the early upgrade is only for people who's contracts expire before the end of the year. Interestingly, most of those people would already be eligible for an upgrade on July 15 anyway.

Reaction score
I have a line eligible and very tempted but I think I'll hold out till the holidays, and my wife might send me a divorce decree if I did. I gotta admit she has been really patient with me and my mDroid.

My wife was pissed at me and my Droid. Until I bought her one. Now its one of her "can't live without" items lol

sirthanh

Reaction score
you guys think they would let me off and get a 2 year upgrade on the droid x? Lol... my upgrade is 1/04/11 !!!! Four days after 2010... my damn bad luck.. they better let me get the upgrade.. I ordered 3 phones from them for full retail so they should let me off with the 4 days off of new years. :( Two droids and blackberry tour.

rwdfan

Reaction score
I just noticed an interesting tidbit. The Droid X boasts image stabilization. Is this REAL image stabilization?

Could we be getting a camera that is worthy of taking real pics?

If so, here's to hoping I can get one... dancedroid