Motorola CEO: DROID Bionic Will Be In Stores in September

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think everyone can benefit from this, now we dont have to check every 5 minutes for new news to see when the bionic will come out. I am guessing 9/1, but since its coming in september I will probably just wait for the iphone 5(if it has 4g).

Yea...I think if the post doesnt say "NEW SPECS REVEALED!!!"I wont be looking in it. Sept.... I said I was gonna just wait til next year, now I have a better paying job opportunity on the horizon....I might just get it or the GS2 and just throw some money away next year on the next ..super cala fraga listic ispy ala dosis phone...

You know, everyone is so mad at Motorola, when to me the biggest insult is the fact that Sammy released the SGSII IN MARCH, and TBH i don't expect it here in force untill late september. That's 6 months on a phone, that's done, and being used, by not-me.

I realize that they have to customize it (esp for other radio bands) and such, but Moto pretty much has had to start from scratch in March when they canned the Etna.

Motorola: start from almost scratch in march, release in Sept.
Samsung: Phone complete in march, alter it for us launch: release late sept.

you tell me who is dragging their feet.

If the ongoing Apple lawsuit isnt the cause....you have a valid point. Either Samsung and/or the carriers is causing the delays for the US launch. Just like it was either Samsung and/or the carriers fault for the Froyo delays for the GS1 last year.

rhokaln

Reaction score
I originally wanted the Bionic in February when my early upgrade was ready. Didn't want to wait until the end of the year for the rumored phones coming. Wait, by the time this comes out, it will almost be the end of the year. My OG has gotten me this far, what's a couple more months? And other companies are already leaking info about their phones. Unless I missed something we don't even know if this will be 1 or 1.2ghz. How long has the Atrix been out? And this will basically be the same? Bad play Moto. It would have to be amazing for me to get it at this point and it just doesn't sound like it will be, after all this waiting...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

This phone will have significant advantages over the photon AND the atrix.

Even if the "numbers" don't appear that much different, anyone who spends time building their own desktops will tell you, "performance isn't measured solely in MHz or GBs" with the exception being download speeds, which apparently Verizon's LTE network is more than capable of.

EFGantry

Reaction score
You know, everyone is so mad at Motorola, when to me the biggest insult is the fact that Sammy released the SGSII IN MARCH, and TBH i don't expect it here in force untill late september. That's 6 months on a phone, that's done, and being used, by not-me.

I realize that they have to customize it (esp for other radio bands) and such, but Moto pretty much has had to start from scratch in March when they canned the Etna.

but, they didn't have to "start from scratch" in march. the Targa, which is now being released as the Bionic, was already in development in 2010. to be fair, though, that phone was always targeted for a Q3 release.

rhokaln

Reaction score

but, they didn't have to "start from scratch" in march. the Targa, which is now being released as the Bionic, was already in development in 2010. to be fair, though, that phone was always targeted for a Q3 release.
\

That is entirely true. But it was still in a state of development compared to the SGSII or the "Bionic from CES" (Etna) that people are comparing the Targa to.

rhokaln

Reaction score
People hold motorola to the announcement they made at CES, but in all truth and honesty its an entirely different phone. Its like if you had a child, named in john, john lived to be three years old, died, you had another child, named it john, and then celebrated his fourth birthday that next year. Only the name Bionic has been the same since CES.

Turbodsm90

Reaction score
God dammit

I have been waiting forever for this phone. My OG droid is on its last leg, im tired of dealing with it and I think ill be lucky if it lasts another month.

but I guess ill just have to wait it out because:

-I want 4g

-Im staying with Verizon

-Samsung can suck my balls

-I dont want that brick made by HTC

-and the other one is just plain ****

Iamthedragonwarrior

Reaction score
Well crap! I've needed a new phone for almost 8 months now and I've been waiting for this one. I'm not fricking waiting any longer! I'm switching to Sprint and getting the EVO 3D. :icon_evil:

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
I'm really starting to wonder why the Bionic is being delayed. It must have something to due with a major apple product being released, or another high end device being released.

rhokaln

Reaction score
I'm really starting to wonder why the Bionic is being delayed. It must have something to due with a major apple product being released, or another high end device being released.

Or Verizon testing. Products have to be tested. if they fail, they iterate the hardware and try again. Contrary to popular belief they don't hold onto phones for the sake of it. They will sometimes when a particularly important day arrives, like black thursday, but releasing before Apple would be an advantage.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

It's delayed? I didn't realize that any date prior to September (Q3, Summer, etc.) had ever been announced as a release date for this specific phone...

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

It has to be a software/hardware issue, manufacturing issue, or they are updating the specs. I can't see them waiting this long just for Apple or another manufacturer.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Or Verizon testing. Products have to be tested. if they fail, they iterate the hardware and try again. Contrary to popular belief they don't hold onto phones for the sake of it. They will sometimes when a particularly important day arrives, like black thursday, but releasing before Apple would be an advantage.

Well Engineer 900 said it wasn't Verizon's fault it was delayed...