Motorola CEO: DROID Bionic Will Be In Stores in September

Engineer_900

Reaction score
Still, the fact Moto called this out with such confidence means that the Bionic passed VZW's testing phase. Which means the wait, is finally over. The only indeterminate delay hurdle has been cleared.

Now we just check in every day to see more finalized specs!

not quiet.... but promising.

Nimazahir

Reaction score
I think everyone can benefit from this, now we dont have to check every 5 minutes for new news to see when the bionic will come out. I am guessing 9/1, but since its coming in september I will probably just wait for the iphone 5(if it has 4g).

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
About time we got confirmation. I haven't been keeping up with the forums lately because of work but there is definitely more competition on the horizon for Moto. They should have released this but now we'll have more choices for our next LTE device when this comes out.

rhokaln

Reaction score
You know, everyone is so mad at Motorola, when to me the biggest insult is the fact that Sammy released the SGSII IN MARCH, and TBH i don't expect it here in force untill late september. That's 6 months on a phone, that's done, and being used, by not-me.

I realize that they have to customize it (esp for other radio bands) and such, but Moto pretty much has had to start from scratch in March when they canned the Etna.

Motorola: start from almost scratch in march, release in Sept.
Samsung: Phone complete in march, alter it for us launch: release late sept.

you tell me who is dragging their feet.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I think everyone can benefit from this, now we dont have to check every 5 minutes for new news to see when the bionic will come out. I am guessing 9/1, but since its coming in september I will probably just wait for the iphone 5(if it has 4g).

I don't know how you can want an iPhone 5 with all the news of new Android phones. :)

Nimazahir

Reaction score

I don't know how you can want an iPhone 5 with all the news of new Android phones. :)
I think the iphone 5, if it has 4g, will be better than the bionic and sgs2(prob wnt have 4g), and I dont want to wait for the nexus prime, which I believe will be better than any of these phones.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

I think the iphone 5, if it has 4g, will be better than the bionic and sgs2(prob wnt have 4g), and I dont want to wait for the nexus prime, which I believe will be better than any of these phones.

There have been rumors that they are releasing a iPhone 4S this year and the iPhone 5 next year...Not certain tho.

But my only gripes about the iPhone is the lack of customization and access to users, and the very small screen.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
About time we got confirmation. I haven't been keeping up with the forums lately because of work but there is definitely more competition on the horizon for Moto. They should have released this but now we'll have more choices for our next LTE device when this comes out.
That's the point I was makin,that it was about time that the president of moto step up 2 the plate and let the people hear from him,but some missed it.Somebody else bought up this and I thought it was a very good point.Now people will chill,cos the BIG MAN has spoken.If only he had been done this.

Nimazahir

Reaction score

There have been rumors that they are releasing a iPhone 4S this year and the iPhone 5 next year...Not certain tho.

But my only gripes about the iPhone is the lack of customization and access to users, and the very small screen.
Droids can be more customized and look more fun but have more problems than the iphone. I can just jailbreak the iphone and customize it.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know, everyone is so mad at Motorola, when to me the biggest insult is the fact that Sammy released the SGSII IN MARCH, and TBH i don't expect it here in force untill late september. That's 6 months on a phone, that's done, and being used, by not-me.

I realize that they have to customize it (esp for other radio bands) and such, but Moto pretty much has had to start from scratch in March when they canned the Etna.

Motorola: start over in march, release in Sept.
Samsung: Phone out in march, make loads of international dollars: release late sept.

you tell me who is dragging their feet.

Both though you do make valid points. All I want at this point is: LTE, dual core (preferably clocked at 1.2GHz since it's practically August), 4.3" qHD screen (or 4.5" but I wouldn't want the phone to be really large because of it), a nice large sensor for the camera. I would love for it to be stock but I know that's not a reality unless it's a Nexus device.

That shouldn't be too hard of a phone to make with today's technology but I guess it has to be for the manufacturers to take this long to make a phone like it.

EDIT: Oh and I would love a 2MP FFC and LED notification lights.

Xerrus

Reaction score
This stinks so much...

Just when I thought I was on the verge of being able to boot this Charge to the curb...now I have to wait at LEAST one more full month. Hell this thing probably wont even come out till Sept. 29th (last Thursday of the month). Dammit Verizon / Moto / Phone gods

sent from my Droid Charge

1ceFiend

Reaction score
I originally wanted the Bionic in February when my early upgrade was ready. Didn't want to wait until the end of the year for the rumored phones coming. Wait, by the time this comes out, it will almost be the end of the year. My OG has gotten me this far, what's a couple more months? And other companies are already leaking info about their phones. Unless I missed something we don't even know if this will be 1 or 1.2ghz. How long has the Atrix been out? And this will basically be the same? Bad play Moto. It would have to be amazing for me to get it at this point and it just doesn't sound like it will be, after all this waiting...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums