Motorola CEO: DROID Bionic Will Be In Stores in September

sqchram

Reaction score
Hello all! I just came upon this section as I have an X. So what is this bionic? Never heard of it but my upgrade is up. So it comes out next month? Well I'll have to check it out - what good timing :)

99problemz

Reaction score
lmao....like i said many times before...FAIL!!!! sucks for those that have been waiting on it

I know...

its like its coming on july4th, then august, then september...

I'm surprised not a lot of people just gave up and bought a different phone.

Because it's like standing there waiting for the train or bus... you stand and wait and wait and wait and it's 2 minutes late, then 5 minutes late, then 10 minutes late. You think to yourself... "I could be half way there by now if I just walked"... so you turn and start walking and as soon as you get 100 yards away, you see it pull up to the station with a sign that says free beer today and today only and it is full of beautiful women serving that beer. But you realize you are too far to make it back and that you have missed you chance as the door closes and it disappears into the distance on it's way to the next stop... all because you were impatient and didn't have faith in that bus (or train)

That is freaking HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Cyanogenized Dx

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, I just realized the Bionic has an inductive charging battery door. I guess you do learn stuff reading these FCC documents. Seems like the hardware is ready so who knows why Moto delayed it.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Well I was going to wait to compare the Droid3 to the Bionic. Guess there's no need for that anymore. Droid3 here I come.

anuraj1

Reaction score
Wow, I just realized the Bionic has an inductive charging battery door. I guess you do learn stuff reading these FCC documents. Seems like the hardware is ready so who knows why Moto delayed it.

That battery door report is interesting. It gives a lot of specs on the phone and it says that for testing purposes, they tried overclocking the processor to 5 ghz.

Sent from my Motorola Droid

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

That battery door report is interesting. It gives a lot of specs on the phone and it says that for testing purposes, they tried overclocking the processor to 5 ghz.

Sent from my Motorola Droid

Yeah I saw that and couldn't believe they actually tried that. :icon_eek:

I also just saw that it won't have VoLTE. Even though we already sort of knew this since VoLTE isn't ready, it's still sort of disappointing.

Covington

Reaction score
Great! At least we have an (almost) solid release date now! Can't wait to see the Bionic, SGII and the IP5/IP4S go at it!

das2042

Reaction score
Guys this is stupid! I can't believe we're happy about a September time line? Unless this phone has specs that are nothing like we already assume to know, why would we get this? I haven't gotten a new phone yet because there really hasn't been a phone out compelling enough to make me upgrade And i thought the bionic was going to be it, but September? Moto wants my hard earned money and loyalty for a phone that is obsolete before Its even out(assuming the specs we know to be true). I want to be happy about this, I really do, but I believe we're all about to be grossly disappointed with this phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Question is this: If the GS2 comes out on the exact same day....whats the difference when it comes to specs that makes the GS2 hands down the better phone to get?

Everyone is hating on Moto for the delay....but the GS2 hasnt reached the US yet.

If thats the case we all should get a DX2 or a Droid 3 tomorrow.

gmtekk

Reaction score
was at the store today returning my two d3s and my buddy told me the bionic will be released just a couple of weeks before the iphone 5.

Chris42060

Reaction score
I was excited about the Bionic until I started rooting my phone and installing ROMs. Now I look at the inability to root the DX OTA Gingerbread, no root for the R2, and am guessing OTA Gingerbread on the X2 will be equally as impossible to root. Thanks to Verizon and Motorola I am convinced the Bionic will be locked up just as tight as an iPhone if not tighter. I want 4G LTE, I want a dual core processor, and I want at least a gb of RAM. Does that mean I want the Bionic? Sure just unlock the bootloader. Until then I will wait and see what comes down the line next.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tcayton49

Reaction score
Guys this is stupid! I can't believe we're happy about a September time line? Unless this phone has specs that are nothing like we already assume to know, why would we get this? I haven't gotten a new phone yet because there really hasn't been a phone out compelling enough to make me upgrade And i thought the bionic was going to be it, but September? Moto wants my hard earned money and loyalty for a phone that is obsolete before Its even out(assuming the specs we know to be true). I want to be happy about this, I really do, but I believe we're all about to be grossly disappointed with this phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Most of the release dates we believed weren't true, so why would the assumed specs from the same sources be true? At this point, I think that wait and see is the only real option

Reaction score
On a different note. Does anyone want to give me a DX or HTC incredible until the Bionic comes out? My D1 is dying on me.

andreiantal

Reaction score
It is already too late for bionic. I am already set to wait for Sony ericsson dual core xperia or who knows maybe samsung galaxy q.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums