Motorola Announcing A Bold New Phone June 1st.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-z2-play-render-jpg.77520

We have been seeing lots of leaks and rumors surrounding the upcoming Moto Z2 Play. So far we have not seen a release date. Today Motorola's Canadian Twitter handle teased us with a date for the release of their next bold phone tomorrow, June 1st. While they weren't specific with which phone they would be announcing we would be willing to bet they are announcing the Moto Z2 Play. This announcement of course would pave the way for the announcement of the next Flagship device being the Moto Z2 Force.

We expect to see the Z2 Play release with a 5.5" FHD Display, Snapdragon 626 SoC, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of onboard storage, and a 3,000mah battery. Of course all of that will be coupled with the Moto Mods functionality. Is anyone excited to see what Lenovo has up their sleeves for tomorrow's event?

via Twitter

Attachments

• moto-z2-play-render.jpg
    moto-z2-play-render.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 4,209

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Better cost under 400. I'm disappointed they reduced battery size. No more 13 hours of screen time on single charge :(

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm looking forward to the whole next-gen Moto Z announcement, and hope the whole lineup is announced tomorrow and not just the Play edition. I'm more interested in the possible new Moto Mods that will be announced (hopefully) along with the phones. I need (or want) some new Mods.

I'm not too worried about the smaller battery. Even if it is true, I am confident that the Moto engineers designed the battery to coincide with the processor for the best possible battery life. I doubt they just willy-nilly decided to reduce the battery size just for the heck of it; I bet that size battery in the processor it's running will be smooth and provide excellent battery usage.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bold new or same old?

Despite my skepticism of Motorola, their Droid line still hold a spot for Verizon customers. Those Verizon customers wanting something different than the trend seem to lean Droid. And a big help is that it is the name people still associate with build quality.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Bold new or same old?

Despite my skepticism of Motorola, their Droid line still hold a spot for Verizon customers. Those Verizon customers wanting something different than the trend seem to lean Droid. And a big help is that it is the name people still associate with build quality.
It has to be somewhat close to the same....Moto promised three years of Moto Mod functionality across all phones. They can't shake things up to much and keep that promise to their customers; the new Moto Z phones will have to look similar to the original.

I'm not sure the Moto Z Droid models are the biggest sellers for Moto. I think the Z Play has become a big hit world wide. I think I read somewhere that it's one of the top phone sales in Brazil; and very popular in other countries.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I'm happy with my Moto Z Force and don't plan on getting another Non Shattershield Phone going forward. I may Skip 2nd gen and wait for last version compatible with mods strictly since I want to pay my devices off and pay less per month.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When Moto said their new, thin battery Mod was delayed until Spring I wondered if it had anything to do with the 2017 Z series. That might be the case, just a guess on my part. I have seen rumors that their official Battery Mod will be available with the new Z series.

1508b1eb669c7794ca24ebe4a3bf1154.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Cool, new JBL Sound boost 2 Speaker Mod, and the wireless charging Style Shell Mod should finally be for sale soon.

64ba2db5a66da26cb64a72c8c836d79c.jpg

Last edited:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I am a little disappointed with the JBL mod. It's not as loud as I hoped.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Not looking all that tempting to move outa my Turbo XT1254.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Cool, new JBL Sound boost 2 Speaker Mod, and the wireless charging Style Shell Mod should finally be for sale soon.

64ba2db5a66da26cb64a72c8c836d79c.jpg

I'm looking forward to that wireless charging mod!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Me too.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I will Probably Move from my Moto Z Force in 2019. Personally once more Mods come out I really dont need a More Powerful Phone. Mods will increase the Usability down the Road.

CKD2

Reaction score
I am a little disappointed with the JBL mod. It's not as loud as I hoped.

How in the world do they mess up a speaker mod? When you add that much weight and bulk to a phone, it should, at bare minimum be completely worthwhile.
I was very unimpressed and thought it should've cost $25

I wish phones just came with decent speakers like they used to. To this day, my Droid Maxx was the best speaker I've ever had on a phone. So loud and great quality!