Motorola with 2 announcements in 7 days?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Motorola-is-back-1-783x556.jpg

Motorola has not only announced they have some news for us on the 21st AND the 27th, but they even included some teaser pics. Above is the ad for the 27th, and that has to be the new Z2. There is little doubt that they are showing the new Z2 because unlike the 1st gen Z, it clearly has the rumored dual camera setup on the back. Why is there no back on that thing, though? Does ANYONE use a Z without a back? Or maybe that's part of the tease? There's no BACK on the phone... "Motorola is back"? Ohhhh, cute Moto. New Moto Mods maybe? In the "poster" for tomorrows announcement in Brazil, is that X4/E4? (I have searched and cannot find out where the 27th reveal will be).

Moto, you are really starting to confuse me with so many models. However, I am looking forward to getting my hands on a Z2. I can't be the only one excited to see Moto bring out their next flagship?

You can see the the June 21st "poster" at the GSM Link below.
Source: GSM Arena
and: 9to5Google

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm guessing that the 21st announcement is either the new Moto X or a new Moto E since both have been very popular in Brazil. For the 27th, I am only guessing but I suspect that one will be the new Z2 Force and announced somewhere in the US since Verizon will be a part of the Z2 Force Droid model.

And yes, there are several new Moto Mod Style Shells (back plates) that have been leaked & rumored to come with these new 2017 Z models, so that'sprobably why the pics don't show them yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree. None of the current shells really excited me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I posted pics a while back of the rumored new style shells, they are on here somewhere. I like the fake Ash and oak style shells; I rotate between those two every few weeks. But the rumored new style shell mods did look nice those are the new designs. I guess we will find out for sure soon.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
They're great quality, just not a big fan of wood grain in general.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be nice to see a Moto come out with a flagship device again!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wasn't the Z Force Droid a flagship quality device?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Wasn't the Z Force Droid a flagship quality device?

Um Yeah!! IT was the Flagship Moto Device!! The Moto Z Force was an Upgrade in Almost Every Way to any Existing Moto Phone and Specs with up with Samsungs Flagships. It was a Premium Device in Every way.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Can't find a thing on any Brazilian announcement. It's either a hoax or the quietest soft launch in history.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
OK, so I Tweeted one of the Moto Twitter accounts and they replied that the Moto E4 and E4+ were announced. Looks to me like those were announced. But ... they were announced LAST WEEK ?!?! Maybe it was announced that those phones are now being released in Brazil?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, so I Tweeted one of the Moto Twitter accounts and they replied that the Moto E4 and E4+ were announced. Looks to me like those were announced. But ... they were announced LAST WEEK ?!?! Maybe it was announced that those phones are now being released in Brazil?

From what I have seen, the E4 and E4+ went on sale today. So that must have been today's big news. Announced a few weeks ago and available to purchase today. I also read that Verizon will carry these in their stores? Nice little phone for under $200 in a Verizon store.

Now to see what happens at the next event on the 27th. Z Force 2?

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No doubt Z2. I hope I can preorder that day. Don't let me down Moto.

Oh, and I think part of that "Moto is Back" part is that Lenovo is officially going to be back...pun intended...to the Motorola brand name. They aren't going to brand the phones Lenovo or even Moto. You probably heard they were going to get away from the name about a year ago. They've realized what a dumb idea that would be.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe this new Tweet is leading up to a new Shatter shield phone?

c9e815448ee5d248ceddf4ed893bf30e.jpg

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Hello, typo. Geez. Did anybody understand my last post? Fixed.
Hmmm, maybe Shatterproof and not so scratch prone? Have they finally perfected it? Why is no one else trying this? Hello, Gorilla Glass? #SoManyQuestions