Status
Not open for further replies.

cnjdchan

Reaction score
We' re all impatient for some FROYO.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Firehazard

Reaction score
If i have leaned one thing from being a Verizon user for 8 years, it is that the will do anything they can to get every $ out of you. I would not be surprised if they did not update the older phones to 2.2. In their mind this would be a strategy to get people to upgrade to a new phone.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
If i have leaned one thing from being a Verizon user for 8 years, it is that the will do anything they can to get every $ out of you. I would not be surprised if they did not update the older phones to 2.2. In their mind this would be a strategy to get people to upgrade to a new phone.

They will update the Droid to 2.2.
dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well if that was true then when I had my Blackberry Storm upgraded to 5.0 from 4.7 just 3 weeks before they released the Blackberry Storm 2.

My experience is quit a bit different then yours. And I can tell you confidently the Droid will see 2.2. I wish I could confidently tell you exactly when you'll get your update but I'll bet it will be sometime during the week after August 7.

faithmusic

Reaction score
is this an update?????

Hey, for what its worth, I just got this email from http://www.motorola.com/ . Now I'm confused....:icon_eek: :

Dear Joe,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

Droid X Customers will also receive Android 2.2 and flash player 10.1 with an over-the-air update in the latter half of the summer. However, we have not yet received any official information if the original Droid will have the same update at the same time.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.motorola.com/

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Leony
````````````````````

???

vboogieman

Reaction score
Exactly as I figured they are not worried about their already sold phones getting updated. That will not sell more phones...

vboogieman

Reaction score
There is no doubt that the original motto droid is an awesome phone. I jus think we deserve to be offficially let know that there will be an upgrade to 2.2 and maybe even a aprroximate timeframe.

Not too much to ask

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, it's like any other major software upgrade... there's so many glitches to be worked out, that they probably don't want to give a hard date and then NOT meet it. That would be worse than keeping quiet, imho anyway.

vboogieman

Reaction score
Maybe they need to hire a few of these fine ROM builders out there who are successfully getting Android 2.2 to ruin on the Droid!

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I've about given up on 2.2 and am ready to root my phone since Verizon and Motorola doesn't care about their customers...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've about given up on 2.2 and am ready to root my phone since Verizon and Motorola doesn't care about their customers...

That's a pretty dogmatic generalization. 90% of VZW/Android users probably don't even know what Froyo means or that 2.2 is close to coming out. Those of us that are die-hards on this forum and others know about these things so far ahead of time that it feels like we've been waiting forever, but that's not really a fair timeline to use.

Wraith

Reaction score

That's a pretty dogmatic generalization. 90% of VZW/Android users probably don't even know what Froyo means or that 2.2 is close to coming out. Those of us that are die-hards on this forum and others know about these things so far ahead of time that it feels like we've been waiting forever, but that's not really a fair timeline to use.

Agreed. Especially since the revised release of flash was this summer any how...

But, OTOH, I agree with the idea of rooting. Previously I had no reason to root, but I am seeing my phone start to feel slow, want to have Froyo and now that it is officially unsupported, have 3/4 of my contract to play around with it....I now have 3 reasone. :/

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Agreed. Especially since the revised release of flash was this summer any how...

But, OTOH, I agree with the idea of rooting. Previously I had no reason to root, but I am seeing my phone start to feel slow, want to have Froyo and now that it is officially unsupported, have 3/4 of my contract to play around with it....I now have 3 reasone. :/

I've been following this for quite a while and fully understand what 2.2 is and what it's about. I guess that's why I've grown impatient. I thought it was A LOT closer to release and was trying to hold off on rooting my Droid.

Status
Not open for further replies.