Rumor: Incredible OTA halted, FroYo coming soon

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
2emd1xi.jpg

Update 7/19/2010 @7:40PM EST: Verizon Wireless Tech confirms BGR's FroYo report via Twitter:

6fs8et.jpg

Update: 7/19/2010 @4:08PM EST: AndroidGuys is reporting that the original OTA is still rolling out, and all Incredible devices will receive the update in the near future. This is not FroYo. Repeat, this is not Froyo. FroYo is still expected in the coming weeks.

Rumors are swirling about the Incredible's latest OTA, which started to roll out this past weekend. Did the roll-out to a screeching halt, and if so, why? Well, BGR is reporting that the most recent OTA will indeed be halted, because HTC and Verizon are planning something much bigger: FroYo for the Incredible. That's right. According to BGR, the FroYo update is closer than we expected, and should arrive either by the end of July or the beginning of August. Other additions planned for the next Incredible OTA include 802.11n WiFi capability, 720p recording, and some new widgets. Check out the original report of the BGR "ninja" below:

I wanted to pass along that the upcoming Incredible MR will also include Froyo (originally it was going to be two separate MRs). We are targeting the end of the month/first part of August. As a reminder, below are the highlights:

• Froyo
  • 802.11 n
  • 3G Mobile Hot Spot
  • HTC Widget: Email
  • HTC Widget: News
  • EAS Updates
  • 720p Video Recording
  • Amazon MP3
This may only be a rumor at this time, but the "ninja" was certainly convinced we will see FroYo on the Incredible shortly. I guess we can put aside those notions that HTC would be abandoning the Incredible! So, what do you guys think?

Source BGR

Last edited:

JayCizzo

Reaction score
Well, if this is legit than it's great news. Even if this is true we're still talking about Verizon here so Jul/Aug could easily turn into Oct/Nov.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know what to think about this......... But i'll be REALLY mad if this drops before Froyo for the DROID........

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know what to think about this......... But i'll be REALLY mad if this drops before Froyo for the DROID........

that would be interesting, and very disappointing on Verizon's part.

JayCizzo

Reaction score

Didnt' even think of that. That would pretty crazy if they released a Sense UI version of Froyo before the base Froyo for the Droid. Can't say I'd be upset though. :icon_ banana:

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP Updated.

Update: 7/19/2010 @4:08PM EST: AndroidGuys is reporting that the original OTA is still rolling out, and all Incredible devices will receive the update in the near future. This is not FroYo. Repeat, this is not Froyo. FroYo is still expect in the coming weeks.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP Updated:

Update 7/19/2010 @7:40PM EST: Verizon Wireless Tech confirms BGR's FroYo report via Twitter

slinky

Reaction score
I wouldn't complain all too much. I do enjoy updates on my devices.

I never update any applications because, without Froyo, there is no life with the constant updates.

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score

that would be interesting, and very disappointing on Verizon's part.

Why? The # of D1's out there dwarf the # of Dinc's by a significant number. Updating the Inc's and X's before the D1's make sense in terms of rolling out with a definitive end date. The D1's update will probably take a while and congest their networks...