more precise gps app? to find friends in places?

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any program in the market that acts like google latitude however it shows you where people are inside places? and not just the area they are in but the exact location of them? thought about this app yesterday when i was walking around the mall after my haircut looking for my wife since she was shopping around while i was getting my haircut. saw friend finder but dont know how accurate/precise that app is.

would be nice to have so that she doesnt have to try to listen for her phone to ring or have to stay in one spot at the mall waiting for me.

ffej89

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to use it yet but just downloaded Life360. Worth checking out

OP
D

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
yeah i saw that but it seems like it just does what latitude already does, doesn't look like it would locate someone inside a place just at a particular place. like yesterday with latitude if i looked id see her at the mall but not exactly where in the mall.

app id like to see is one that you activate like a "beacon" that goes off so that someone can find you in a particular place inside rather than just an area. love latitude though :) just wish it did a little more like this.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
GPS doesn't work indoors in many cases. Non-GPS methods of determining your location have too large a margin of error to do what you're looking for. It's not a limitation determined by the app.

LT*

Reaction score
One Suggestion for that specific type of situation might be the TiKl push to talk app. It works just like Nextel used to and is pretty convenient for quickly getting in touch with someone that has TiKl on their handset. One thing I've noticed about it though is that it can be a battery hog as it runs in the background.

OP
D

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
GPS doesn't work indoors in many cases. Non-GPS methods of determining your location have too large a margin of error to do what you're looking for. It's not a limitation determined by the app.

What about a bluetooth type app? and gps has to work indoors if they have that mall application that shows you what stores you are near.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Green River Tracker by Ridgway might be the ticket.

The phone has to be jailbroken though.