GPS Locate Friends Phone

Buzz67

Reaction score
I have a question I have heard that you can locate a smart phone with another smart phone. One way I heard was thought Facebook. Not sure if this is true or not. This of course brings up some privacy issues.

Here is my question is there a fairly easy way or App that I can use on my Droid to locate a friends Droid. If so can it be turned on and off on demand for privacy reasons.

Here is an example of why I would like to do this. Over the winter my friend went off the road in the snow and I went to go help her and it was difficult to find her base don the description she gave me.

I though it would be nice that if she wanted me to find her she could either turn on an App that would allow me to find her or her to find me if reversed. As mentioned above I would like to be an on-demand type thing NOT so we can track where each other are at all times

OP
B

Buzz67

Reaction score
Thank You

Thank You that looks like it will work

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a question I have heard that you can locate a smart phone with another smart phone. One way I heard was thought Facebook. Not sure if this is true or not. This of course brings up some privacy issues.
You can't locate another device with your GPS receiver. Another smartphone user can determine his/her location with his/her GPS receiver and share it with you. That's not the same thing at all.

Nealius

Reaction score
I have a app running on my daughters phone called where is my droid.
If I text a secret word or phrase it will give me the location of the phone.
the phone must be on.

also the app will play the ringtone at the loudest setting possible to find it.

guttyla

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that can tell me where a friends phone is and they can tell where i am..between an android and iPhone. GPS Tracker does this, but they charge $5/month for instant updates. Does anyone know a good app that can do this?

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that can tell me where a friends phone is and they can tell where i am..between an android and iPhone. GPS Tracker does this, but they charge $5/month for instant updates. Does anyone know a good app that can do this?

Google Latitude, it's available for Iphone too.