Google Maps- Latitude

Storms illusion

Reaction score
Well in his defense i doubt i would pay for it..unless enough of my friends had the ability to use it. Currently my roomate is the only other with a droid...and i only know a few with an iphone... and none with an android OS

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, people actually pay $10 for this? I guess I'm just getting 'old.' :icon_ banana:

I don't particularly care to know where my friends are (well, not enough to pay $10). When I do I simply CALL THEM :rofl3:. And I surely don't want people knowing where I am. Again, when I do I'll let them know personally.

Oh well, to each their own I guess, props to the developer for making $$$$ for something so (IMHO) ridiculous.

KZI, you are confusing Latitude with Locale. Latitude is FREE, and is a Google application.

DUH!!!!! yes I did, just realized that, lol. Oh well:icon_ banana: Still don't get it but then I can see the younger people using it.

Technoman

Reaction score
Well in his defense i doubt i would pay for it..unless enough of my friends had the ability to use it. Currently my roomate is the only other with a droid...and i only know a few with an iphone... and none with an android OS

You don't have to have a Droid, or any phone to use Latitude. You can go onto Google Web, and it allows you to see from there. I was driving home from another area here a couple weeks ago, and my wife was texting asking "where are you"? I told her to activate the Latitude invite that I had sent her... she did, and from that point on (I had my GPS and Google Maps going with Navigation active) she could see my exact spot. She was texting me, telling me where I was showing on the highway.

It really works quite well, and could assist if you are driving in dangerous weather and such. Someone can see if you are still moving or not, and if not they could call you. No answer... call 911 and give your exact location....

You can always disable it, or even fake it (manually put in a location) if you are trying to hide for some reason.

Storms illusion

Reaction score
No im sorry, i meant i wouldnt pay for it unless it was another program that operated differently then logitude. My gf uses logitude online to see where i am when i visit (5 hrs away) which is kinda nice so i dont have to deal with her constant texts asking where im at.

Parafly9

Reaction score
When I was on Blackberry, latitude updated constnatly. My wife was driving down the raod and it would refresh every 30 seconds or so. Why is it differnet on the Droid?

Storms illusion

Reaction score
Its different on the droid because GPS is always enabled...So it wont constantly update or give the most recent location he best

brochaos

Reaction score
is there a way to get rid of that bubble above the persons icon? i leave latitude on all the time, and when i go into maps to check traffic, that damn bubble blocks like a quarter of the screen.