Latitude broken?

Ronic

Reaction score
Problem: Latitude rarely updates wife's Droid 2 when I "update".

How does Latitude work?

I've found that, IF the wife's position updates, it's wrong or old.

My guess is that Droid shuts off the GPS when idle.

I sure miss Verizon's Family Locator. :(

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

chasehammer

Reaction score
i dont know much about latitude but i do have a suggestion.

add the Power Control widget and make sure the Sync option is enabled. i would even disable and then reenable it.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just curious if you guys enabled real time updating on both devices. If you have then uninstall maps on both phones and reinstall.....reconnect to latitude and see if it works. You can also "ping" her phone to get an update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just curious if you guys enabled real time updating on both devices. If you have then uninstall maps on both phones and reinstall.....reconnect to latitude and see if it works. You can also "ping" her phone to get an update.

I think latitude really blows chunks. Seriously, I try to watch my wife's progress on her trip to Virginia and she should be on the Ohio Turnpike. I can't even find the Ohio Turnpike near her location. I do see I 71 But I think that's West of here not East.

i've tried the pinging. She can't respond while she's driving.

Only in one incident have I ever seen it track her correctly. Right now it does have my position correct, but sometimes it puts me in different cities.

#Fail Google.

joe1980

Reaction score
I've noticed similar issues with my OG Droid. I find that Latitude keeps getting disabled on my device. When I go to the Maps menu, it often says "Join Latitude" instead of "Latitude". Anybody else experience this? Have you found a solution?