{MOD} GummyJar 2.5 watermarkd services.jar WITH data throttling removed!!

JRobzilla

Reaction score
Frankly_V

What rom / theme are you running and which link did you download?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Franky_V

Reaction score
Frankly_V

What rom / theme are you running and which link did you download?

GummyJar 2.5, I downloaded the non themed file. I have no theme at present. I changed permissions to rw- r-- r-- Maybe my file was corrupt?

Franky_V

Reaction score
I'll just sbf when i get home and try it again lol. I hate bricking my phone at work, but at least I give out my google voice # :)

I'll make a follow up post later

sdmopar

Reaction score
I used root explorer and didn't change permissions either bc im not sure what to change them to. Any help?

x x
x
x
644 or just make sure your grid has check marks so the pattern looks like the above. mount as r/w, its the box in the upper right hand corner. anytime you're curious about the permissions of a file, mount as r/w, long press any file in there and click "permissions", that will tell you what they should be set at since they are all the same in that file.

Did that but my phone will not hold the settings, just revert back to the original permissions...any ideas?

Edit:NM once again, I was trying to change the permissions while the file was on the sd card, moved it into the framework and was able to set its permissions from there. Gained from .600 to 1000 kpbs more. Sweetness! If I re-theme, will this stop working?

Last edited:

msburr87

Reaction score
Dude wow thanks for the mod. From 5-600 to 1500. Dammmnn. I used the YaBBM btw worked perfect.

OP
yukmizzee

yukmizzee

Reaction score
Im just glad other people were also able to implement the hack = ) Love this site and the android community in general.dancedroid

DroidX316

Reaction score
How exactly do i install this.I have root explorer just confused from there.Also where is the link for this SDK.

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
YUK!!! This definitly works!! Thanks for lettin me use it ;)

sdmopar

Reaction score
How exactly do i install this.I have root explorer just confused from there.Also where is the link for this SDK.

Find the services.jar file in root explorer, move it. Go into system then paste into framework. Go into permissions and check the boxes with this pattern:
xx
x
x
Should say "rw-r--r-- if done correctly.

SDK is not needed if doing it through root explorer. I figured this out earlier and it works perfect. Do this at your own risk. Hope this helps

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
Weird... I applied this and I'm uploading at 1.1 but downloading at 230kb... really weird...

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I will Make a Patch For Linear it will be in My Section.

*edit Ill post it here as well. Flash this Like a Theme or a rom! to the OP thanks for posting this

Last edited:

Sweettreat

Reaction score

*edit Ill post it here as well. Flash this Like a Theme or a rom! to the OP thanks for posting this

So flashing this will add Linear theme AND get rid of data throttling?

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

So flashing this will add Linear theme AND get rid of data throttling?

No its just a patch you must be on linear already it will be included in next update