{MOD} GummyJar 2.5 watermarkd services.jar WITH data throttling removed!!

Goose71

Reaction score
I installed using root explorer, changed permissions and rebooted. I have stock gummy 2.5 and i don't see a significant change to my speeds. as a matter of fact, right after i rebooted and ran the speedtest, my speeds dropped down. what am i doing wrong?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I installed using root explorer, changed permissions and rebooted. I have stock gummy 2.5 and i don't see a significant change to my speeds. as a matter of fact, right after i rebooted and ran the speedtest, my speeds dropped down. what am i doing wrong?

just because it removed data throttling doesn't necessarily mean it makes the speeds faster...

detox

Reaction score
4b58bb44-d174-de34.jpg

That's pretty fast

detoXatappin on my X

Goose71

Reaction score

just because it removed data throttling doesn't necessarily mean it makes the speeds faster...

So how do you explain this? I'm just trying to get the best out of my phone and I've never seen speeds like this.

4b58bb44-d174-de34.jpg

That's pretty fast

detoXatappin on my X

detox

Reaction score

So how do you explain this? I'm just trying to get the best out of my phone and I've never seen speeds like this.

4b58bb44-d174-de34.jpg

That's pretty fast

detoXatappin on my X

I can't explain it. Sorry

detoXatappin on my X

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
just bc what i said was true doesnt mean the opposite isnt true

read this
xda-developers - View Single Post - Uncapped Data - Possible on the X

mainly, the last line

I'm gonna guess that the DC area is throttled. I've been surprised by how slow my speeds actually are lately, but once I installed this, I've seen my speeds double for the most part. I could barely ever get over 450kbs before (usually around 300kbs), I was getting over 1000kbs last night and around 950 this morning.

sdmopar

Reaction score
"You must have SDK downloaded" SDK is? I'm blanking right now

NM, did my research

Last edited:
Reaction score
The top speed (2.6mbps) did not change for me, but the consistency of the speed appeared much better through 4 test runs. Before, I ran from 2.6mbps download speed to 1.5mbps. Afterwards, I was consistently running 2.4mbps each trial. Upload speeds of 800k were unchanged. This is from Richmond, Va using the DC servers. Thanks for the hard work on this yukmizzee! dancedroid

Franky_V

Reaction score
I used the root explorer method with proper permissions. Attempted a reboot and now I'm stuck at the M :(